Friday, April 10, 2009

An Update, a Quick Update....

Okay SCOTT, I'm updating! (but honestly, I have no idea why you read my blog.... I"m so boring!)

***
It's Easter Weekend. Last night was our Maundy Thursday service. It commemorates the Last Supper. I love these Holy Week services, because if nothing else in our faith & religion, our faith and religion hinge on this weekend's events being factual. If it weren't true, why would we believe? And I do believe. I have seen clear evidence of how God works in our lives. Julie, He is real. And He loves you.

Tonight is our Good Friday service, commemorating the crucifixion. My favorite phrase for tonight is, "It's Friday, but Sunday's coming!" Yes, indeed. My children's choir, the Choir 3 group, will be singing tonight.... "A Lenten Love Song".

Now Jesus went into the garden.
The garden of Gethsamane.
He went there sad and very weary
to be alone to pray.


"Dear God, your Son is sorrowful
is there no other way?
Dear God if it is possible
let this cup pass away.


Now Jesus went into the garden.
The garden of Gethsamane.
The olive tree bent over Him

and heard Him sadly pray.

"Dear God, Your Son is sorrowful
but knows Your way is best.

Let love take hold of me
help me to be bold and free

to do your will.
to do your will.
to DO YOUR WILL
and rest.

Ubi caritas, et amor.
Ubi caritas, deus ibi est.

Translation:
Where Charity and Love are found, God is there.


Meditate on those words. Where CHARITY and LOVE are found.... GOD IS THERE.

***
I cannot wait for Easter morning. Big day at church..... breakfast at 8:00. I teach my toddler class at 9:00. I will attend worship at 10:30. Great music, great testimonies, great message, and we serve a risen Lord, hallelujah!

***
Meghan is very sick. She cannot stop throwing up. She is losing lots of weight. She spent the other night in the ER getting fluids pumped back into her. Poor thing.... Wish I could do something for her. It's hard as a mother to see your child hurting so badly and not being able to do anything to help her.

***
The musical set is built. YAY. I have a wonderful choir dad - Barth, who helped out so much. I got the set painted with the help of Dyan & the Sciolaro family. We also put up the skirting around the stage. It's looking good! A few more weeks and this musical is OVER. Yay! I'm looking forward to the break. I need the break! There's just so much left to do beforehand.... oy....

***
Dyan & I are going to see The Phantom of the Opera on Tuesday night next week. I cannot wait! We'll go out to dinner first, just the two of us.... and then to the theatre, sitting down close to the stage. It's my Christmas gift, and my heart is touched, and I'm so excited to go! We'll get all dressed up too! Yay!

***
Christian is simply adorable. THe other day, while Dyan & I were painting the stage, he was playing in the gym. He was having a ball. And when I was really thirsty, we went and got a bottle of water from the machine, and we sat down and shared it. And every time he'd take a drink from the bottle, he'd look at me and smile really big and say, "Thank you, Grandma!" ADORABLE. I just love that little boy.... he's so special to me. I never had a son. Always wanted one, but it was never to happen. So, this grandson of mine is kinda filling that void. I love being with him..... always. Having grandkids is so much fun, I can't wait to have more! Oh wait......... May / June & October is coming!!! YAY!

***
And that's my life so far....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets hope it is May instead of June! I would like to meet her sooner rather than later!

Julie said...

Yay, an update! Poor Meg, give her hugs for me. Sounds miserable. The first trimester will be over soon enough, and it'll probably get a little easier after that.

Glad you're having a good time, and staying busy with the church. :o)