Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another update....















That is a boring title, if I ever heard one..... I just am blank on what to say... But Dyan updated and I stole a picture from her site, and decided to update & post a picture of my granddaughter, Lilly here....

Isn't she adorable? It's amazing what technology can do these days. I wish I had something like that available when I was pregnant. Heck, I didn't even have ANY sonograms while pregnant...

***

Bible study was great today. I love hearing our speaker, and I love my ladies... Today was about having faith. We were in Luke 24. We also talked about spiritual darkness and the signs of it....

I made a play date with one of the ladies in my group. Thursday is her birthday, so I'll be going over to her house that morning with a breakfast casserole, and we'll spend some good quality time together. I'm really looking forward to that. I'm trying to knock down the walls around me... little by little, I'm chiseling away. I'm learning to trust that people will love me and LIKE me, even with all that's happening in our personal lives. I've been able to share some stuff about Don, and ya know what? People still love us, and are so supportive, and so caring. I'm so thankful for my Christian friends.... I'm learning the importance of having girlfriends in my life again. It's been a long time coming.... and I'm grateful.

***

Cali, the Peeing Dog. Well, we thought that since Beauty, the cat who died from feline AIDS, had made a mess of our dining room carpet, and Cali had to cover it up with her scent.... we thought that once we ripped out that carpeting and had some new stuff installed, that that would take care of the problem. WRONG. Twice this week, Cali, the Peeing Dog, has done her duty in there. Last night, she got a spanking and nose rubbed in it..... and then.......






Don, the genius in our house, decided to put the "I'm-a-Bad-Girl" wire across the dining room. Cali wears her "I'm a Bad Girl" collar all the time, since we have the back yard wired around the fence in order to keep her from escaping... well, he put that wire across the dining room, and VOILA!!! Problem solved. She tried going into the dining room several times last night, and very quickly hoofed it outta there before the shock came.... and the same thing happened this morning. So.... no more pee. But.... I have a red wire laying on my dining room carpet.

***
I need to be working on choir today. I finally remembered to bring home a musical book & CD to send to my friend, Julie & her daughter.... I will get that in the mail to her tomorrow.... And so the rest of this afternoon needs to be spent doing clerical work for the musical. I need to 1) figure out where each child will stand 2) put together the Promises database 3) send out a reminder to parents that we are singing this Sunday 4) send words to "The Lost Boy" to the powerpoint person for Sunday morning 5) send out a reminder to the youth choir that we ARE rehearsing this Sunday 6) get money ready to turn in again 7) work on the script for the powerpoint 8) get the promises ready for the kids to decorate, starting tomorrow 9) put the props list together and start purchasing what I need 10) check into buying fake rocks for the set 11) design the set officially, so that the dads who will build the stage know what I want 12) design the backdrops & get them ready to paint 13) send parents information that they need, such as the fact that each child will need to have a backpack for use during the musical.... and the list goes on and on. Lots to do.

***
We had a great time last weekend seeing family we hadn't seen in years. Dan & Val flew out from Hawaii, and Dan's daughters, Adrienne & Carly flew in from San Francisco... And we saw family who lives in Chicago now..... and all in all, it was a great time! This is the first time that all 7 cousins from the Plaskett side of the family have been together in years. We got lots of good pictures. As soon as Carly sends them to me, I'll post them.

***
Spring is here! I plan to spend Thursday afternoon working out in the yard / garden. I need to cut down all of the ornamental grasses & bag them up. I need to put mulch around the trees. I need to hoe the garden beds and get rid of the debris from last year's garden... bag it all up & send it to recycling.... I'm anxious to get this years garden going. I plan on working in it as often as I can. I'm ready to get the tomatoes planted, along with some new herbs and perennials. Don chopped the heck out of the herbs last year, so I'm hoping that they come back. I"m sure my bulbs are all sprouting. Need to go and see. The Aristocrat Pear trees are all in bloom right now. The lilacs can't be far behind. And I need to get the deck all cleaned off and get a new umbrella for our table. Ready for having coffee outside in the mornings...... lovely!

***
And that's my life so far...










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice!!! That is all I can say! LOL