Friday, March 13, 2009

The Much Anticipated Update - FINALLY ;-P

Yup, it's been a while. So sorry to have neglected you, Ms. Blog.... I shall try to remedy that right now.... but before getting started with the typing, I really need to go potty & grab some OJ & Fig Newtons.... it's gonna be a long one. BRB

***
Okay... all set. Let's begin..... Let's see, the last time I blogged, I think it was when I was in Cabo.... or just after getting home. Yup, we had a great time. It was very peaceful and relaxing, which was nice for a change. The past several years, we've had family members or friends with us, and it's just not as relaxing as otherwise, when we are alone. But that's okay... We did have a wonderful time this year, and I did spend a day swimming with the dolphins, the highlight of the week for me. Don went deep sea fishing and caught 5 dorado (aka dolphin fish, aka mahi-mahi) and had it fileted and we sliced it up and put it into individual ziplock baggies and froze them. Brought them all home in a cooler, about 50 filets. We plan to have a fish dinner at Dyan's next week, when family members are all in town for a wedding next weekend. Anyway.... Cabo was fun. I was hoping to have downloaded more pictures by now, but haven't gotten around to it. Soon...

***
It's Spring Musical Time. This year's selection is "Camp Wallaballa", published by Lillenas Kids, part of the Lillenas Publishing Company, and of which I'm on an advisory board for. We preview music submitted by composers / arrangers, and critique them and either send them back for revisions, or send them on to be published. This musical is one of those. And it's written by one of the ladies I serve on this council with. Pamela Vanderwalker is her name. The musical is darling... it's all about relying on God's promises to help you make it through life. Julie, I'm going to send you a copy of the musical book & the CD. I think Chloe would really like the music and the story. So, at any rate, we had auditions for the special cast parts, and now we're underway with 2 rehearsals a week. Wednesdays are the music rehearsals, and Saturdays are the drama rehearsals. Tomorrow (the 14th) will be our 2nd drama rehearsal. We will tackle Scenes 3 & 4 tomorrow. The following week, we'll review scenes 1 - 4. We have 2 rehearsals a week until performance time. Busy times.... but I love it. And good news!!! Today, I completed the plans for the choreography! Woot Woot! Easy schmeazy.... The set for the play will be really cool.... a main stage, flanked by two smaller sub-sets... with a wooden bridge connecting them all. The scenes all take place in a rural setting, after their bus breaks down on the way to camp. Very simple scenery... and this year, I think I'll paint murals for the backdrops. Fun times ahead... I haven't done mural painting since leaving California. The last 6 musicals have had very simple sets. So, time to have more fun, eh?

***

Dyan is getting bigger by the MINUTE.... Lilly is growing and growing. I cannot wait to hold that sweet baby girl. Dyan is having a very good pregnancy. So far, she's only gained 2 lbs... Crazy, eh? She has lost weight over her whole body, but gained in the belly! She's looking so good.... and I'm glad for her. She is getting ready to paint the baby's room and get it all decorated. Her wall color will be sort of a dusty purple, light color... and there will be butterfly accents all around. I think her friend, Emily, will be painting big pictures on the walls... flowers maybe? Butterflies? We'll see. However it turns out, I'm sure it will be precious.

***
Christian.... one of the lights of my life! The other day, when we were babysitting him, and his Papa came home, Christian jumped up, reached up for his Grandpa, and said, "Hey Big Guy!!!" I tell you what, Don & I about died laughing!!! It was the CUTEST thing I've ever heard him say. I just adore Christian.... and I love being with him. He is just adorable... He's 2 1/2 and inquisitive, and into EVERYTHING..... and is starting to use the power of reason. His language has really developed, and his personality is quirky and funny! Love that boy....

***
My house. It's a disorganized mess right now. I can't stand it. So today, I tackled the kitchen. I had stuff under my kitchen sink that had to have been there since we moved in, way back in 1997!!!! OMGosh..... yuck! I pulled out stuff in search of my Magic Eraser. Never did find that.... but found lots of other junk... all to be tossed away.

My dining room still has the tablecloth on the table from our Super Bowl party, back at the beginning of February! And the punch bowl. And the serving dishes. And the buffet still has all the liquor bottles on it from our party. Noone really drank, but we had stuff out just in case. They're still there. And, the limes were still there too, but Christian found them last week and hid them all over the house. I found a lime in the couch the other day. All hard. Limes just get hard. LOL Oh, and the table is still pulled over to the side of the room, in front of the window. Oy..... I need to get it all put back in order. I feel more peaceful when my house is in order.

My closet. I purged clothes from it last week. I tossed the give away clothes all over my bed, from both my side of the closet & Don's. And then, I made a pile of clothes to be washed and put it on the floor at the end of my bed. It looks like my bedroom threw up clothes! But the bad thing is this: Monday afternoon, after I'd tossed the clothes everywhere, I left to go to my piano lesson. Well, while I was gone, Jory & one of the other workers brought a piece of drywall to our house, and in order to help Don out, they decided to carry it up to my bathroom. To get to my bathroom, you must pass through my bedroom. When I realized that someone passed by my room-barfed-up clothes, I was mortified. Oh well.... whatcha gonna do???

My office. Oh, where to start??? My craft table is completely covered up with piles of this and piles of that. Magazines. Music. Musical books. Pictures. Music. More music. And my desk has papers all over it. I am overwhelmed with medical papers, of which I don't know if I need to keep the insurance "weekly reports" or not.... and they are overrunning my desk. Sheesh. I just need to get a file drawer just for all of the stuff from United Healthcare. I will feel so much better when my desktop is clean. And I will feel so much better when my craft table is cleaned off. I love my office and I love my artsy fartsy furniture... and I want to enjoy my room again.

***
The bathroom remodel is coming along! The 12 inch rain showerhead came in the mail today. It is sooooooooo freakin' cool! Don will be working in the shower tomorrow, finishing the lining for making it waterproof... Tonight we went to the Tile Store and bought samples of the tiles that will go in the floor of the shower, as well as 2 of the travertine tiles that will go on the shower walls & a piece of the trim tile. It's so cool. The tiles for the shower floor are the same colors as the floor of the bathroom that Don installed forever ago... but they're little 1 inch mosaic tiles. So cool. The travertine tiles are beige and the trim piece looks like little gothic churches, in the same color mosaic tiles as the floors are. And with the glass blocks on the outside of the shower wall, it will be one rockin' shower! The end is getting more in sight. I will take updated pictures soon.

***
I like my hair. It's getting long. I've never had long hair before. And I've never been without bangs since I was an infant! I kinda like it. But, I'll like it a whole lot better when I can get this weight off. My doctor said that the weight will come off once I go off of Tamixofen. The tamixofen caused me to gain the weight and so when I go off of it in 2 1/2 years, I'll be able to lose it again. Ugh.... I hate being overweight. But the alternative is to risk a recurrance of my cancer. Don't want that either. I guess I should just pray more often for the Lord to help me stay away from carbs! That would probably help too... And I need to get back to the gym. Got out of the habit since our vacations.

***
And that's my life so far....

1 comment:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.