Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cabo Day 2 & Probably 3

*grabbing my coffee laced with French Vanilla after suffering a night of post nasal drips and getting up before the sun*

It's Day 3.... but let me recap Day 2....

Day 2 was wonderful, again. Got up a little late... 7:30ish... got some coffee, sat around and read for a couple of ours. Got my shower & went to meet some sales guy to talk about what's new here for owners, have lunch & listen to him try and sell us another timeshare. He did take us on a tour of "The Ridge" section of Playa Grande.... which was marvelous. Such views!!! They look over the city of Cabo... I could see INTO the dolphin place... very cool. We could see the entire marina and The Office too.... it was lovely. Anyway, after the lunch & schpiel... we turned him down and went on to an afternoon of sunbathing. Actually, I sunbathed and Don walked into town to get some better fishing things... oh, lures. Then he came back and we decided to go to the "adult" hot tub for a while... it's so beautiful. We can look right over the ocean. And we saw some people who are neighbors of ours here at Playa Grande... we have seen them every year that we've been here. It was nice seeing them.... Then we headed to the condo to get changed & freshened up for dinner. Grabbed a taxi and headed to The Office. I looooooove that place. We were seated at a table right on the edge of the place, yeah, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALL THE BEACH VENDORS... LOL Just kept shooing them away. But, the coolest thing of all was the moon!!! OMGosh.... I was reminded of God's glory, and the magnificence of his creativity!!! The moon was HUGE and orange, on the horizon of the Sea of Cortiz.... and the longer it moved up into the sky, the whiter it became and it shown right across the sea in the most splendid display of beauty I've seen in a loooong time. It was something like out of a painting, but better, because it was of God's hand!!! Magnificent. Don tried taking pictures of it, and hopefully one of them turned out. We should try uploading pictures sometime later today.

After dinner, we grabbed a taxi and came back to Playa Grande.... I watched the last half of "Becoming Jane", the story of Jane Austin.... so sad! But beautiful. And after checking my emails & facebook, I turned in.

Today, I plan to find my spot around one of the pools, hopefully the "adult" one... and veg out all day. Gonna read, probably finish my first book & start in on another.... and most likely will SLEEP, since I didn't do a lot of it last night. Dang cold...

Tonight, we're gonna try out Edith's. It's a restaurant that is very difficult to get into - always full. Gonna go see the concierge about setting up a reservation for us. That should work.

Okay, so I heard from Dyan this morning.... my Cali Girl found a possum in Dyan's back yard!!! GOOD GIRL!!!! She's a bunny hunter & possum finder!!! LOLOL That's my girl!!! I miss her and hope that she's being a good girl!

Don's out fishing right now. He left before the sun came up. Hopefully he'll catch some today.... alot of guys were catching Sterling yesterday. If he does catch some, then he'll filet them and we'll go to Soloman's Landing instead for dinner, and have them cook the fish for us. Lovely...

Wish you ALL could be here with us.... This is probably the MOST relaxing vacation I think I've EVER had.... no schedules... no entertaining anyone... we are doing what we wanna do, and enjoying every minute of it.

And that's my vacation so far...

3 comments:

Meg said...

Loved your update. Guess I will comment here since Facebook is retarded. I loved talking to you today. I hope dad catches a bunch of sterling.... cause I want some!!! PLEASE!!!! That's what I want from Cabo...

I love you... have fun... and I hope you feel better really soon!

Unknown said...

Hey...your dog IS a good hunter!!! She is disappointed that I won't let her play with it though! Oh well! I hope Dad catches something! Have fun Laying by the pool! Oh and my Dr appointment went well, I have to go back on Monday and Have a Echo and Heart monitor put on me for 24 hours. So would you want to watch Christian while I go to that??? Just let me know!
Love you and hope that you are having a great time...it sounds like it!

Unknown said...

Okay I am pretty sure that you are not in Cabo anymore!!! UPDATE with PICTURES!!!!