Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cabo, Day 1

Hola, mi Amigas!!! We made it to Sunny Cabo.... in record time, too! This morning began at 2:55 AM for us.... got up, washed the face, put some makeup on, got dressed, and out the door we went. Got to the airport by 5 AM. The kiosk at American Airlines asked us if we wanted to upgrade to first class??? Excuse me??? Heck yeah!!! So for an additional $90 total, we upgraded for the first leg of our journey. Niiiice.... or as Meg would say, "Sweet"...

We had to sit with the normal peops from Dallas to Cabo.... a pretty unremarkable flight... no bumps in the air or anything. Still couldn't sleep, tho.... :-(

We got into Cabo at 11:30 this morning, 12:30 Missouri time.... Sweet! Since our flight was one of the first to arrive for the day, there was virtually NO line going thru customs. We were through customs, had our luggage and ran the gauntlet thru the time share peons, and out the door we went. Okay.... so cool, right? It gets even better....

We always use Baja Transportation for our trip from the airport to Playa Grande... about a 45 minute drive. We pre-pay, and usually ALWAYS share a big fat van with several other people. Well.... NOT TODAY!!! We had a private suburban, all to ourselves!!! And just outside the airport, the driver stopped at a little shop so we could do some "beer" shopping.... LOL The ride to Playa Grande was luxurious.... lovely. Israel was our driver's name.... niiiiice.

We got to Playa Grande at about 1 PM. Checkin is normally at 4 PM. BUT..... TODAY.... our room was already ready for us!!! SWEET..... So, we put our bags away, or rather, the bellboy brought them down to our condo.... and we jumped into our swimming suits and headed out for about an hour and a half of good, quality sunbathing! Sweet!!! So, around 3:30, we decided to get dressed and walk into town. But.... just about everything was closed, guess because it's a Sunday. No problem... One of our favorite restaurants was open, Panchos.... and so we just went there and had dinner. I downed 2 bottles of agua.... and Don had his beloved sopa de tortilla. I had carne asada.... scrumptions. And we had musicians... Lovely.

We walked back to the resort.... got our suits back on again, and went to the hot tub for adults only, next to the beach... and watched the sunset... Can I hear a collective "Ahhhhhh"??? Afterwards, we came back to the condo.... I put my stuff all away.... and now I'm sitting on the computer....

I'll try and download pics tomorrow.... Got some great "food" shots.

Oh, one weird thing about the Internet service here in our room? Well, all of the instructions for my facebook page and for my blogspot page are in Spanish.... weird. I tried logging into Julie's blog, but I don't think that the computer could read my name or password!!! Weird...

Nuf for today.... Tomorrow, I'm sleeping in, then gonna have a "owner's" lunch at 11:45.... I HAD to sign up for it, especially since she threw in two free trips on a whale watching boat.... oy.... Afterwards, I plan on doing some serious sunning....

Adios!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like you had a great trip down there. Bump and problem free. Very nice :-)

Everything you're doing sounds amazing... have a great time and enjoy.

Love you!

Unknown said...

Okay I want to be there!!! What is the temp??? It was 65* when I woke up today at 6:30am!!! So I can't complain that we are in 20* weather when you are in 70*. We are a little even, but yours is much prettier!
Have fun!!!
Christian says XOXOXXO
Love you
D

Mama's Ramblings said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!...WEll, not too Jealous because we are leaving for San Antonio in less then a week, but I am still a LITTLE JEALOUS!!

Sounds like you are having a blast.

ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER!!

Meg said...

You evil people who get vacations... grrrr >< I might get a vacation in a year.... Stop flaunting your vacations!!!

Julie said...

Everything sounds perfect! Glad it all worked out so well.