Friday, June 26, 2009

Colorado Vacation, Part 2

A quick continuation of last night....

I sat at the counter in Aunt Debbie's kitchen and watched Mindy & Debbie cook the MOST delicious dinner I've had in like FOREVER..... Mindy made a salad out of leafy greens, artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, olive oil & balsamic vinegar, and it was splendid! Then to go with that, she cut up spicy Italian sausages into bite sized pieces, sauted them, drained the fat, then added an organic marinara sauce, touched up with some pinot noir, simmered.... While that was simmering, Aunt Debbie roasted red & green peppers, onions & garlic.... then that was added to the sauce, and the whole thing was put together with penne pasta.... OMGosh, I HAVE to make this for Don. He'll love it.... and it was all whole foods, organic, and simply delicious.

Dinner was over around 10:30..... LOL I know.... late. Then Aunt Debbie & I stayed up talking til almost 1 AM. Oy..... we can talk!!! We shared alot of things about God with each other.... and that was so cool. We both had really good "God" stories.... We were both encouraged. That was good.

***
Had a hard time sleeping..... no TV to lull me to sleep.... but more importantly, no Don to lie beside me..... I do have such a hard time sleeping when he's not there... I finally just got up out of bed, instead of just laying there.... that was around 7:30... made coffee, stood outside for a while gazing at the splendor of Colorado.... this is such a beautiful place.

***
And that's my life so far...... the house is so quiet!

No comments: