Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Colorado Vacation, part 1

COLORADO OR BUST!!!
Okay, so I'm doing it. I'm taking a vacation all by myself! People asked me if I was afraid to go by myself. Heck, Don even suggested I pack his 9 mm.... But, I'm not really afraid. Dyan's BIL is a cop, and he procured for me a thing of pepper spray, cop strength, and it's attached to my keychain. It's amazing how safe I feel with that little red canister!

So, I left KC yesterday, and was finally on the road by 10 AM. I'm driving the little yellow convertible, with the top down.... Don got it all fixed up for me, by attaching a luggage rack to a hitch on the back of the car. I just thought it'd be so much fun driving thru Colorado with my car top down (needed to clarify that, so says Don).... I drove yesterday until about 6:30 last night... then I was really tuckered out.... I ended up stopping in Limon, CO, at a very nice Holiday Inn... Got something to eat, and was in bed before 9. Sure felt good.

Day 2 of my Independent Vacation:
I got up early, well, actually Don called me at 6:30. Nice way to be woken up. Is "woken" even a word??? Anyway, talked to Don for a bit, then got up, made my coffee... got cleaned up & was out on the road again by 8:15. I decided to take the "scenic" route to Aunt Debbie's..... and the GPS thingy was going crazy. I'm surprised someone didn't pop out of it and smack me up side the head..... I went off of I 70 and onto hwy 86. I'm so glad I did! It was a lovely ride for a bit over an hour.... thru amazing rolling hills, scattered farms & ranches, very few trees at the beginning of this route..... and then all of a sudden, there were mountains!!! Yay!!! And trees! Lots and lots of pine trees.... It was beautiful.

My faithful friend, Ms. GPS safely & correctly guided me to my aunt's house. Boy, does she live in a nice house! Got here, and basically, we haven't stopped talking! I sure do love my Aunt Debbie..... She's having a tough time right now with her MS symptoms... and currently is napping.... I love seeing my cousin, Mindy too.....

It's been pretty rainy today..... good thing I'm here! And I almost didn't get the top raised in time to keep from soaking the inside of the car!


***
Other news: Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson both died today. Sad....

***
And that's my life so far....

No comments: