Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So happy to be back!!!

Life. I love it. I'm so happy to have mine back! I feel like I've come out from the dark abyss. I've been stuck there for several years now. Feels so FREEING to be out! Thank you, Jesus!

***
I love reading my cyber-daughter's blog. How I've missed it. The way she writes, the creativity she has in her is so incredibly interesting to me, and it fills my heart with love. I love her. I love her sweet baby girls. Just sayin'...


***
I love my Meghan. I love seeing her change from an unsure mommy to a confident mother. I love watching her as she deals with the ups and downs of nurturing a premie, and watching that sweet baby girl change daily! She's now starting to get on her feet and GO!!! There'll be no stopping that kid now! What a delight she is, and such a blessing to me. "Thank You, Jesus, for Mackenzie."

***
Dyan - one of the other lights of my life. Spent the day with her yesterday, and her sweet children. I love watching Dyan grow in her relationship with the Lord. I love watching her dealing with her kids. It's so gratifying to see that what I've given to my kids by being a SAHM is being passed down to her kids. I love that. Christian is my little man. He fills my heart with love. He lights up any place that he inhabits. He's so smart too! I taught him to read 4 words the other day, by recognizing and naming the letters, sounding them out, and putting them all together. His new reading words are: dog, cat, Christian, Grandma. He's ripe for the learning right now, trying to read everything in sight. And he's only 4. Woo hoo!

Lily ~ little dollbaby. She's the apple of my eye. I am amazed at just watching her play. I see her daddy's expressions on her face. I love that. And I see Dyan all over as a toddler. Lily has spunk. She takes nothing lying down. If she doesn't like something Christian does, she bopps him, or stamps on his foot. LOLOL Had to laugh at those things. And she's teaching Kenzie how to walk. While up in my bedroom yesterday, Lily got up on her feet and walked, and Kenzie watched her, and then got up on her feet and walked out the bedroom, down the hallway, to the stairs. And this was all on wooden floors, in stocking feet, which are very slick. Good girl!

Kenzie's words: "Good girl." "Cookie." "Uh oh." "Grandma." "Mama." "Bye bye?" "All gone." "No!" "More." And many more, which I just can't remember right now.... oh,"Bubba!"

Lily's words: in addition to the above, "Thank you." "Please." and lots of others, all spoken with her mouth closed, and the words coming from the back of her throat. Silly Lily.


***
Having my gallbladder removed tomorrow. Oy. Hope I feel better after all of this! I just don't have time to deal with it. :-/

***
Musical time: Lots and lots to do. Meg is taking over the responsibility for the choreography. She's learning it, developing it, and teaching it. And she's good at it! Dyan is teaching the music to Choir 1, and working on the props & going to help me build the stage. Shelly is responsible for Choir 2 and is in charge of the reception after the Sunday night performance. I have such a great, loving and caring staff. I'm very lucky...

At this point, I'm getting very concerned about the lack of rehearsal time left. I always feel so rushed. Lots to do.
*type lyrics for powerpoint
*type script for powerpoint
*finish blocking the scenes
*type the program
*write the introduction
*build "The Net" - which btw, keeps me awake at night.
*build the set
*make sure kids know all of the choreography
*buy program paper - 11 x 14 size
*design t-shirts
*order t-shirts
(panicking at that thought)
*rehearse the kcc dream team band
*help Meg make choreography props for the kids
*shop for props
Oy.... I must stop. Getting panicky and thinking that right about NOW, I need to get my shower and get BUSY. After all, it IS Choir Day! :)

***
It's so good to be back!

***
And that's my life so far...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for reading my blog, and your sweet comments. It's good to have you back, your encouragement is priceless to me!
I love hearing you talk about your girls and your grandkids - how lucky they are to have such a wonderful lady in their lives that loves them so much! It's always so obvious how much you love them when you write about them.
Do update and let us know how the surgery goes today. That doesn't sound like any fun at all, but I do hope it gets you feeling better.