Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm okay!

Yes, I'm okay. People, stop worrying about me, okay? I'll be fine, I promise. I just am in a funk, but I will get out of it! I always do. The Lord is helping me through this time, and together, we'll make it. I dunno, something about the holidays just seems to make some more prone to depression. I do NOT think that's how the Lord would want us to feel at this time of year. I will kick it. I will be fine. Period. So, stop worrying about me and just buy me a cup of really good coffee.... Starbucks grande latte, 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha, no whip.

***
We had our first real snow of the season. Lee's Summit got almost 4 inches. I was at Dyan's yesterday, when the snowstorm started. She was coloring my hair, and it was lovely watching the snow fall. Christian thought it was great! He decided he wanted to play outside in it. So, Dyan got him all dressed in his snow suit, coat & 2 hats, and he looked like that kid on "A Christmas Story" who said, "I can't put my arms down!" LOL Well, he was all gung-ho to get outside, and the minute Dyan opened the door for him to go out, he stopped dead in his tracks. So, Grandma, with foil in her hair & all wet with hair color, and wearing sweat pants, uggs, & a hairdresser's cape, went outside with Christian. I had to show him that it was FUN! We kicked the snow, and then i told him Grandma had to go inside. I made Dyan get her coat on and go outside and play with her son. OMGosh, Christian loved playing in the snow. He took out all of his toy trucks and just had a great time! He must have played out there for at least an hour. And when he came inside, he didn't want to take off his snow clothes. Silly boy....

***
We leave for our cruise 2 weeks from Saturday. Can't wait! Can't believe it's coming so quickly! We fly to LA on the 27th, will stay in Long Beach that night, and get to the ship the next day. Our good friends from the LA area will join us on the cruise. Jerry & Lorene. Good friends.

***
I did start my Christmas shopping on Monday. Probably shouldn't have, since I was in a funk and didn't really enjoy it... I'll finish my shopping next Monday. Don & I aren't really getting anything for each other. Our cruise is our gift.... that and a couple of excursions ~ learning how to make wonderful, authentic margaritas & learning the salsa, and a cooking class..... and in Puerto Vallarta, we'll zip line. I'm terrified of heights, but I knew Don would love it... so I signed us up. I'm crazy.... I cannot wait for our vacation.... to escape reality for a little while. That will be nice. And New Year's cruises are so fun! The ship is still decorated for Christmas, and there are fun parties on New Year's Eve....

***
Christian & Dyan are coming over tomorrow afternoon to finish making her Christmas cards. I will be making my golden caramels tomorrow. Gotta get going in the morning, to the grocery store, to the office, to the bank & to the salon for a pedicure. My appt. is at 11:30... After that, it's back home to spend 4 hours standing over the stove stirring and stirring and stirring the caramels. Lots of work, but they are SO WORTH IT...

***
Friday night, my children's choir & youth choir will be singing at Crown Center. Fun times ahead... That's always so fun because the children are in their festive attire & there are really big Christmas trees there, and it's just lots of fun! Other than that, I have no big plans for this weekend. Feels nice.

***
And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun times having Christian playing in the snow! See ya soon!

Julie said...

(((hugs))) I don't like it when you're in a funk. :o\ I hope cheerfulness finds you soon.

I'm totally jealous of the cruise, that sounds so wonderful!

Glad you enjoyed the snow with Christian - they keep telling us we'll get some, but we havent' seen it yet. I'm ready to put Cora in it and see what she thinks!

How was the choir concert? I hope it went perfectly, how exciting!