Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm CRAZY about my husband! <3

Okay, so most of you know I've been having a very difficult time lately, battling depression. I just can't seem to kick it.... I've been crying alot lately... and today was no different. I'm just not handling life very well right now. I'll be alright and all, but sometimes, I just can't get out of the rut I'm in, and all I wanna do is cry, or rather, I cry easily. I cried this morning when Don came by the house, to see how I was doing. I cried when Dyan called me on the telephone and asked what I was doing on Thursday, that she wanted to finish the Christmas cards.... Oy.... I was a mess! So, I finally got my shower. After NOON, for Goodness' sake. I didn't blowdry my hair. Left it curly today. I did get dressed & put makeup on. Then I ate lunch around 1:30 or so.... leftover white chili & half a turkey sandwich & a banana. I FINALLY got around to going through the last 2 week's worth of mail. Shredded lots of stuff... put the bills in a little pile, looked thru circulars.... then balanced my checking / savings accounts. Now all I have to do is input the bills on Quickbooks & pay them. Gotta wait 'til Thur.... cause the money is tight this week. Well, anyway, I was a basketcase today.... and so Don comes home and tells me he's taking me to dinner. We went to Chili's - sat at the bar, talked and watched a basketball game for a while, shared our meals. We pretty much ate off of each other's plate... he had ribs & fries, I had shrimp / pasta. We shared. Then he told me he had a surprise for me.... I asked him and he said at the same time, "Is it sparkly? / It's not diamonds!" LOL Too funny..... Well, after dinner, he took me on a little ride.... and we ended up at Longview Farms Christmas in the Park!!!!! I loooooooooooooved it! It's this place at Longview Lake where they have lots and lots of Christmas decorations. You drive through it with your dimmer lights on, and the decorations are all animated.... and it's just MAGICAL.... Totally lifted my spirits....

I just had to share what a great husband I have.... I'm a lucky woman! I'm crazy about him!

And that's my life so far! Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Julie said...

How flippin' sweet is that? You're a lucky woman, he sounds like quite a catch! So awesome that he is tuned in enough to realize you needed a pick me up. Most guys would be oblivious. :o)

I hope it helped! I don't want you to be down and depressed.

Mama's Ramblings said...

GOOD FOR HIM...You were do for a little DON AND DEB time. We are going to take Chase to Christmas in the Park on Dec. 12th with some friends. I JUST LOVE GOING THERE!!

Glad you are having better days.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Girls.... and yes, Don is quite a catch! I'm a very lucky lady, that is for sure! I appreciate your support & encouragement... I'll be alright...

(((hugs))) to you both~ Deb