Friday, November 28, 2008

The Untitled Update

Eh, I can't think of a title to this update, so it's "untitled"... LOL

Facebook. Okay, I got talked into signing up for it. Now I'm hooked. I flair. I discovered flair from my friend, Julie's facebook page. I'm hooked, totally. I have spent hours looking at all of the flairs. Some are rather nasty, but most are clean and funny... I think I'm up to 29 flairs now... lol. And I've sent several. I also have Christmas ornaments that I've received & given, and a couple of gifts. LOL This whole thing is so silly, and a grand waste of time, AND it's so addicting... Something that my addictive personality really needs... lol.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. Spent the day at Dyan & Jory's. I played with Christian alot and helped Dyan cook the dinner. She had a nice brunch all ready by the time we got there, which was at 11:00 AM. It was lovely. After the brunch, got that cleaned up and started cooking the dinner. Boy, there was so much food yesterday, it was really overkill.... Okay, who was there? Don & me, Dyan & Jory & Christian, my mother in law, Janet (Jory's mom) and then Meg & Drew showed up in the late afternoon. It was Drew's birthday yesterday, so they spent most of the day at his parents house. Janet slept off and on all day... I guess she works at night, and so was tired. There were several nap takers yesterday, none of which was CHRISTIAN. He refused to sleep. He'd miss something, for crying out loud! He finally konked out at dinner time. Poor kid.... Anywho, it was a very nice Thanksgiving... Dyan was the hostess with the mostest... She worked really hard yesterday, as moms who are hosting Thanksgiving Dinner do... When we left at about 8:30 last night, she was still working. Most of everything was cleaned up by that time, though. It's so gratifying as a mother to have worked so hard to raise your daughters to be wonderful adults... and to see it in action is so wonderful, and such a blessing.

Today.... doing nothing at all. Actually, I'm going to decorate my house for Christmas. But it's almost noon, and I'm still in my jammies, having just finished off my 2nd cup of coffee... Don's interviewing right now in our dining room with our hopeful new bookkeeper.... Who is it? It's a secret.... She's learning how to work Quickbooks right now.... Very exciting.

I forgot to take pictures yesterday..... *deep sigh* I left the camera in the Hummer.... nice spot for it, eh? Oh well.

The youth choir is singing on Sunday morning.... "A Litany for Advent". It will be lovely. I think that Sunday afternoon, Dyan will come over and we'll finish working on our Christmas cards. I'm determined to get them done this year. Last year, I hardly got anything done, much less any shopping or decorating. It was a big fat blur, really....

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you remembered to count your many blessings, see what God hath done! (from an old hymn)

And that's my life so far.....

2 comments:

Julie said...

LOL Isn't flair great? :-) I filled up my cork board pretty quickly. I even made andrew join facebook just so that I could send him flair.

I'm so glad you had a great thanksgiving. It sounds wonderful.

Hope everything is great!

Mama's Ramblings said...

LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND!! Isn't the website GREAT that you got it from?!? SO COOL!!