Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sad Remembrances, Glad Remembrances

November 18, 2000 was the day that my mother went to heaven. I had been with her the week before, and had left to come home the day before she died. My supper group was going to be at my house and then the following day was a Sunday, and the children's choir was scheduled to sing. I told my mother that I'd be back on Monday. But, the Lord had other plans. Mom had stayed with us long enough to see my brother, my sister & me. She died in her bed with my sister on one side of her and her husband on the other. She died while raising her arms to grasp Jesus. She is whole, not sick, and at peace now. Eight years ago today, and it seems just like yesterday.

I miss her.

I wish I had more time with her, and didn't waste so much time when I was younger avoiding her.... I wish I could get that time back. At least the last 4 years of her life were healing years for both of us. I'm grateful for that. We had great talks, lots of hugs & kisses, and now I have great memories.

I miss her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss her too! I love her VERY much! Sad but at least we will see her again! Thank the Lord for that!

Julie said...

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry for your loss, but am so glad you were able to spend time with her before she passed. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a mother.