Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ginormous Coffee

Okay... it's Wednesday. Choir Day. How have things been going, you ask? Well, yesterday was a rough day... had a rough start. And I almost didn't go to bible study, but I forced myself to go. Boy am I glad I did. I didn't have any of my materials or even my bible, but I went. I love my group. They listened to me, and prayed for me. I felt a bit of sadness lift away....

Oh, Carole King and James Taylor are singing on TV right now.... Love that!!! Boy, are they getting old, tho..... lol.

Anywho.... I am glad I went to my bible study yesterday. I confessed to them of the problems I've been dealing with regarding depression, and they all understood and were very helpful to me.... and they prayed for me. I love them.... Angela, Juanita, Edie.... love those ladies. Juanita even called me this morning to see how I was doing. She is such a saint in my eyes. We all need to look up to the saints of the church, in our local churches. We can learn from them.

Yesterday at bible study, my heart was blessed. I looked over at the table where Dyan & Meg were sitting, and they both had their daughters on their laps, and my heart was full. Later, Dyan put Lily on the floor while she went to get some hot water for mixing up formula, and Lils was moving across the floor like lightning.... so I grabbed her up and had her sit with me, where she grabbed my coffee mug and gnawed on the rim of it. She is so adorable... And sometimes, she's look at me and then the sweetest thing happened ~ she puckered up sorta in an open mouth fashion and leaned in to me to give me a kiss. Melt my heart!!! She did that several times. And then when it was time to pray, I whispered to her that we were gonna talk to Jesus, and she then put her head into the crook of my neck and nestled in there.... it was so adorable. And after prayer, she decided to take a nap, right there in my arms. Melted my heart again.

***
After bible study, the girls, Christian & I went to Sweet Tomatoes to grab lunch. Yummy.... That was fun. Then Meg & I went back to the church and we cleaned out the KCC closet & filed a bunch of music. Meg did all the music filing and I cleaned out the closet, threw a bunch of old paperwork away, organized the musicals into clear boxes I bought from Target, reorganized the musical prop boxes, tossing out some things we'd never use again.... and now, everything is all cleaned and organized. Feels great! Mackenzie just played on the floor and clicked her tongue and laughed at me whenever I'd stop and talk to her! Adorable...

***
A friend of mine is reading a book about how to find happiness. Apparently the author traveled to happy places in the world and also to unhappy places, searching for happiness. A former pastor of mine told me the key to finding happiness.... He said, "True happiness is not found by material things, but is found in living a life that is right with God." I totally believe that.

***
I had the opportunity to be used by God yesterday. Someone I know wanted to talk because she was having a really down day, and was going to lose her certification for a class she teaches and couldn't afford to take the recertification classes. The cost was $200. I told her, "Is that all that's making you upset?? $200???" and I just told her not to worry about it. It would be covered. I guess I made her day. To me, it's no biggie, but just another way for me to show her a "motherly" type of love. Truly, she is a very sweet young lady, and has a rough relationship with her bio-mom. And I'm not sure about her religious feelings, but I hope that she can see Jesus through me, and I want her to know a mother's love through me. She has helped me in so many ways, that this bit of monetary help I can give her is just a drop in the bucket. So, dear daughter in cyberland, if you're reading this, just know that the Jesus I know and love, loves YOU for who you are, because after all, He created YOU perfect in His image, and He loves you and so do I!

***
I have two cyber daughters, and I love them both. One of them, I had the opportunity to drive out and visit with last summer... the highlight of my summer. The other one, I'm planning on flying out here to meet all of us in person, hopefully around Meg's birthday. What fun that will be!

***
I've settled in on a children's musical for this year. "Acorns to Oaks." It's about the parable of the seeds, and includes a song about the fruits of the Spirit. It's all centered around farmers, planting seeds, and how to cultivate them to grow properly. I want these children to know what it means to take God's word, let it take root in their heart, and be the foundation of their lives. I want my children's choir to grow from acorns to mighty oaks, living for God. I'll be ordering the materials today for the musical, so I can get busy putting together the audition packets, and off we go!!! I will be handing out the audition packets & CD's the first week of February, and then auditions will be a few weeks later. Fun times ahead, for sure.

***
And that's my life so far....

6 comments:

Meg said...

I <3 U.

Unknown said...

I'm so grateful to have you in my life... I <3 U 2

Julie said...

I've had a couple of drinks to calm my nerves. I don't think I'm drunk, but if I sound drunk, ignore me and I'll reply again in the morning. ;o)

A) I'm happy to see a post about some happy things. Happy things are good - it means you're taking a detour around the depression.

B) The happiness book - I haven't finished it. What I've read is fantastic. What I get from it is that there really are no "greener pastures". Happiness doesn't come from where you live, it comes from within and what you surround yourself with. I do think religion can bring happiness. But there's a part in there about finding your own happiness in your life, too. Yes, a relationship with God can give you a foundation for happiness. But He certainly doesn't see anything wrong with finding personal happiness in the day to day - things like granddaughter kisses or choir kids. Happiness can come from elsewhere, I think, than just a firm relationship with the Creator. This book is about finding what other things make people happy. Religion is a portion of it, but other things too. It also addresses how UNimportant money is, how important culture and creativity are, etc. I really think you might like it. It's made me really think, really look at my life, and it's affected my outlook. I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts on it, especially from your more religious perspective.

C) LOVED your visit In Real Life. I hope to come to KC and visit you some day. I'm nervous about visiting my grandparents, my grandma's having a hard time of it these days, but I need to get out there, and to see you, too! Meeting you in person was such a wonderful experience. You're such a delight to be around and to talk to!

I have two little girls that SHOULD be in bed that keep getting up. I guess I better finish reading and answering in the morning.

Love ya!!

april said...

ok first things first, you made me cry with those post and i am pretty sure troy teared up as well (even if he won't admit LOL).
you have no idea what your love and kindness mean to me, words can't even begin to describe it. i love you sooo much!

the part about your bible study also teared me up, you have so much love and compassion it's amazing!

we are all so blessed to have you in our lives.

i will keep this short as i am still completely speechless LOL.

i love you mom!!!

Unknown said...

Awwwww, I can feel the love tonight!!! I feel totally lifted up, and the depression is slipping awayyyyyyy, praise God! I feel so blessed to have four of the most awesome daughters.... my heart is overflowing....

Unknown said...

Oh, and Julie, I'd LOVE to read that book..... I'll see you on FB and get the info again....