Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Christian, the Grandson

I love my grandson! He is such a little man! Don & I have the priviledge of keeping him for the week while Dyan & Jory are in Florida. They are having a marvelous time, by the way. So are we!

Christian loves anything electronic. He has discovered how to operate the DVD player, the X-Box, my stereo, and anything with a switch that turns stuff on or off. Yesterday he discovered my stereo, and he pushed some buttons and music came on, and he looked at me and smiled really big, and started dancing. Did I mention that he's only 16 months old???

Okay, so I had to do some errands yesterday. So, I waited 'til Grandpa came home, and then we all went out to dinner. Mexican. It was good. After dinner, we went to Target. I needed to pick up a few things, and Don & I were looking at the luggage. We need some new luggage before going to Cabo in a couple of weeks. Anyway....... right across the luggage was this HUGE bin full of big balls! Ohhhhhhhhhh, Christian thought he'd died and gone to heaven! He was shouting, "BALL!!! BALLLLLLL BAAAAAALL".... and so, of course, Grandma had to buy him a ball. You know, those big plastic balls, practically as big as him! Grandpa dug around until he found a blue swirly with green ball.... because we couldn't settle for anything pink or purple! He's a little MAN, after all! Well, we gave the ball to Christian, and he proceeded to throw it back to us, and then he threw it down the aisles at Target... almost every aisle! We put it in the back of the cart, and boy, oh boy, that was not good. He wanted his ball! Who can blame him? So, I quickly went thru the rest of our shopping, and we checked out, and he had to have his hands on the ball all the way back out to the jeep. He held the ball all the way home, kept trying to toss it into the front seats. Okay, so we got it home, and he played with it for about 45 minutes, and he totally loves it! I'm waiting for something to break.... but it'll be alright. The only problem with the ball is that Cali is totally scared of it. She was hiding underneath the antique table last night, trying to escape the ball. LOL

My house looks like it threw up toys. Ya try to pick them up, and before you know it, they're all back out again. Ugh....... Dyan & Jory come home Thursday. I think we'll meet them at the airport!

I love having Christian this week. Just love it..... but he is a LOT of work! When he's up, you have to watch him like a hawk. But he is so adorable, I don't mind watching him a bit! And he loves his Grandma and Grandpa..... Oh,and his Auntie Meg too...... she has watched him a few times for me this week, and he's crazy about his Auntie Meg.... who can blame him?

That's my life so far...

No comments: