Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to Reality

Back to reality.... real life. No more laying around by the pool all day while Julio brings me a soda & quesidilla... No more sitting by the ocean watching the whales playing... No more walking to town talking to the locals... no more making new friends with little girls in town... No more sleeping whenever I feel like it. LOL Our vacation this year, I think, was the most relaxing time we've had to date, down in Cabo. Didn't really do much of anything. I got up when I wanted, had my coffee, sat on the patio and watched people walking by, all while I'm sitting there in my nightgown & robe, lol, reading on the porch, putting my swimsuit on and went to the pool around 11 or so. It was just delightful. Two of the nights, we didn't even go into town for dinner. Kinda nice. One night, Don cooked pasta, and the other night, after my one hour nap turned into 4 hours, we ordered room service and sat in the living room and watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. Nice.

We love going to Cabo every February, and this is why: We are familiar with the town and what we like to do there. We have a wonderful resort that we stay at, and we know what restaurants are good and what to avoid.... And we see some of the same locals every year. We also get really good exercise daily in our walks into town. Up the hill, down the hill, past the marina, and into the town. The locals are really cleaning up the town of Cabo and making some really good improvements. They have widened the sidewalks in town, planted lots of new palm trees, changed the traffic patterns so that it's not so dangerous. We love knowing that at least for ONE week out of every winter, we can escape to the warmth and get our fix of the sun. Nice. We are blessed.

***
Back to reality.... All 3 of my sweet grandkids came over yesterday. I was completely exhausted, but since Dyan was here too, I really didn't have to take care of anyone, except Kenzie, who I watch on Mondays while Meg works at our office. I missed my grandbabies, and really enjoyed playing with them yesterday. Christian loved his Cabo hat and wore it all day. I bought the girls some beautiful embroidered sun dresses. Bought Meg & Drew a new Mexican nativity, and bought Dyan & Jory a new pewter serving dish set. Bought my choir 3 kids necklaces, which is tradition. Also gave Christian a sharktooth necklace, which he thought was really cool. Fun times yesterday...

***
Wish I could find some more energy. I think that for Lent, I'm gonna give up bread. Perhaps that is what I need to do. I'm also going to get serious about the exercising and eating right. The thing about being in Cabo, is that I hardly ate any fruits or vegetables. I was afraid to eat them for fear that they were washed in unfiltered water. Didn't wanna make THAT mistake... I really need to up the consumption of fruits and vegetables, and watch the consumption of any processed foods, sugar, or breads.

***
Going to clean out my stinky fridge today. Should have done that before we left for vacation, but time ran out. Gonna go to the grocery store and stock up on things we need in order to eat healthy. Fruits, vegetables (fresh), some lean meat, juice, milk... Right now the cleaning girls are here, so I'll head to the grocery store once they've left. I'll have way too many bags to bring into the kitchen.

***
Yes, I have cleaning people. It's taken me a while now to not feel guilty about spending the money on this service. But, in getting older, every time I try to deep clean, my bones & joints ache for days.... So, I splurge a little and have some young girls do the heavy cleaning for me, and it's so nice. I do the picking up, of course, and the laundry, and the light cleaning, but the deep, gotta get on your knees and scrub stuff, they do. Yup, still trying not to feel guilty.

***
Time to get moving on the planning of the spring musical. Auditions will be next Sunday. Looking for a Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald. I had them all set, but the teen boy dropped out. Meg? Hoping Meg & Drew will do it. Wouldn't that be great???

***
Lots of changes at church. I hope that people in our congregation will continue to keep their eyes on the Lord, and not mistake any interpretations of the changes that our Pastor is making. The changes he's making are necessary to the life of our church, in my opinion. I trust that the Lord is guiding him and using him, and that great things will be happening in the future at our church. I do love my church and the choir parents, kids & my church family.

***
And that's my life so far.

2 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

Glad you guys had a good time in Cabo...we loved it there when we went. Hope your body didn't get too use to the warm temps...doesn't seem like Winter is leaving us any time soon.

HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD WEEK!! GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE WRITING ON YOUR BLOG AGAIN!!

april said...

sounds like you had an amazing time in cabo! and i don't blame you for not eating the fruits and veggies there, i would be worried too.

well if you need any help with the dieting or exercise portion of your plan, just let me know! <3

i love you!!!