Friday, February 5, 2010

Bye Bye Snow, Helloooo Sun

Yup, this is what we're leaving! Friday before leaving for vacation, we get hit with a buncha snow again. I borrowed this picture from my friend, Karen. I cannot believe we got this much snow again! And I'm sooooooo looking forward to leaving it behind.

So, what did I do today? I went and fake baked. For 10 minutes in a 12 minute Mega Bed. Boy, it felt great! It's like getting a big dose of sunshine, which I've been craving! And it's preparing my skin for being in the sun, so hopefully I will not get burnt.

Also went to the bank to get some cash for the trip... went to the drug store to get a few prescriptions and some little bottles of stuff for the trip & some new sunscreen / suntan lotion. I'm ready to go!
Gotta get some laundry done. Most of my clothes are dirty and in the hamper in the bathroom. I'll work on that tonight. And tomorrow morning.

I'd like to get all packed up and take off in the afternoon tomorrow. I'd like to take Cali to Meg's house, then drop off the superbowl watchin' chairs to Dyan's house, and then head north to a hotel by the airport and spend the night there. I think I wanna do that. Will talk to the Donmeister about it when he gets home.

Chinese for dinner tonight.
I couldn't get Cali into the groomer. They're booked solid. Oh well...

I printed out our travel itinerary, our Baja Transportation vouchers for our ride from the airport in Los Cabos down to Cabo and then back again on the 14th. Printed out some coupons for dinners in Cabo. Love coupons. I emailed our itinerary & phone information for our resort to the girls, should they need to get in touch. But who am I kidding? I always take my laptop, and will be on it daily, checking my emails, facebook, playing games... We will pay for WiFi at the resort, because, really, I have to stay in touch with my kids.... Is that sad? Nah.... just me.

I can't believe it's been a year already since we've been to Cabo. I cannot wait to get back down there. I'm just kinda sad, tho.... (yes, I forgot my happy pill today) I will miss my kids and grandkids. That's always the hardest part. I wish I could take them all with me every year....
I'll close with a picture from Cabo, taken at one of the 5 pools at our resort. My toesies... I can't wait to have some SUN instead of SNOW....
And that's my life so far....







No comments: