Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here We Go Again

Here we go again....
Today is my last "free" Saturday until the 2nd week of May. Yes kids, it's SPRING MUSICAL SEASON, and I will have no life. LOL Auditions for our musical will be held tomorrow afternoon, and voila!, next Saturday begins our weekly drama rehearsals.


This year, I've chosen "Acorns to Oaks" for our musical. It's a New Testament musical, based on the parable of the sowing of seeds. I think it's a wonderful musical, full of great lessons for the kids, that will hopefully remain with them on their way to growing into mature Christians. Acorns to Oaks is all about growing up to be Christ-like, and becoming a mighty Oak, with roots that are spread deep and wide and are firm in the Word. There are some funny elements in this musical, which will be challenging for me. For instance, the birds: Maggie, Lark & Robin, the birds dressed in upper crust black, with boa feathers, large hats, pearls, and they have come to eat the seeds. That will be fun to put together.

Then there's another challenging section: the Weeds ~ Blabs and Squeal. They are the RUMOR weeds, and they are nasty. They will be dressed up like gangsters and will use a Brooklyn accent. We'll put together a dance routine for them, and they will also be the soloists for the Rumor Weeds song.... Nasty, but cute. Hopefully the kids will learn the lesson about spreading false stories, rumors, and how they can damage people.

The kids will also be learning about the fruits of the Spirit. That will be fun for them. (Love, peace, patience, kindness, joy, self-control, and I can't remember the other ones off the top of my head) Bad, eh? Oh yeah, Gentleness. Hm... was that a Freudian slip? I try to be gentle.... lol.

I'm in the search for a Mr. and Mrs. MacDonald. They need to be older, not kids from the choir. I'm trying to get Meg & Drew to do this... Meg's on board, but Drew is hesitant. He's thinking about it. Hopefully he'll come to the auditions tomorrow and read the part with the kids. We'll see. It would be perfect if they did it. It would be so much fun for the kids to see Mr. & Mrs. Weaver up on stage with them. Fun times will be had by all.

***
And I come to the question, why do I do this???? I know how busy I'll be getting. This becomes practically a full-time job, if it's done right. And I always ask my self, WHY????? Well, I dunno.... I guess because it's my passion, teaching the children about the Lord thru the music that we sing. I love interacting with the kids. They feed my spirit. I get so much joy out of watching them perform in ministry. Also, I love being able to direct the band or orchestra. For me, that is a huge challenge, and one I look forward to every year. We have some very talented musicians at our church, and it's an honor for me to be able to work with them, and they make me a better musician. And when we put it all together, lights, sound, band, action, props, sets, choreography and kids, it's all very exciting and worthwhile. So, I guess that's why I do it. I just have to keep remembering this.

***
Don & I stayed in bed until 10 this morning. Cuddling and watching Property Ladder on TV. There are some real morons on that show... lol. We had a good laugh. Then we got up & went to Ihop for breakfast. Yes, breakfast at 11:00. Actually I had breakfast, Don had lunch.

***
Laundry Day. I don't know, but I'm afraid that we both have way too many clothes. We just got back from vacation, and the laundry is piled up. I really need to purge alot of stuff from our closet. I probably have 6 loads of laundry waiting for me. Coloreds, whites, towels, jeans, and more coloreds.

***
Tomorrow night, Don is taking me to see "Riverdance: The Final Tour" It's my Christmas gift. I love love love riverdancing, and it will be tons of fun to see the pros at it. I'm really looking forward to this. Just hope the snow holds off. Oh wait, we drive Hummers. Not a problem!

***
And that's my life so far....

3 comments:

april said...

i just love reading your blog!!!

i think it's amazing what you do with those kids, i use to teach music to kids and it can bring such joy (and some days a lot of frustration LOL).

you are a real christian, troy and i were talking about this, and there are a lot of people that say they are but don't act like it. but you are a true one through and through!

i look up to you and am soooo blessed to have you in my life! you are one of those rare people, i call them angels on earth, and you truly are one! i love you mom!!!!!!!

p.s. i hope drew agrees!

Unknown said...

Wow, April... that's probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, at least in a very, very long time. You bless my heart. I'm so glad YOU are in my life too!

(((BEAR HUGS)))

april said...

well i am only speaking the truth! =)

i <3 u!!!!!