Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Musical Production = Busy Life

Our spring musical, "Acorns to Oaks" is under full production right now. We will be performing it in 2 weeks. So....... my life is not my own right now.

My ToDo List:
1~type out the program, not forgetting anyone or anything
2~go to Home Depot to find a container to make the Turbo-Harvester prop. I THINK I know what I need, but I'm sorta making it up as I go. I bought some garden things, a sunflower made out of some sort of metal, and some grassy looking plants. I think if I get some sort of container, a new rake, some S hooks, I'll be able to put it together. The S hooks will be to hang around the top of the container and hang baskets from it. The sunflower, rake & grass will go inside it. And I'll make a sign for the front. All today. Tuesday.
3~gotta make the "rain" hooplas for the ballerina who will be dancing liturgically to the song, "Rain", and the hooplas will symbolize rain from the Holy Spirit. I bought 2 embroidery hoops and a whole buncha ribbons and will fashion the hooplas from them. Gotta get them done today.
4~gotta type & print the riser standing order, as well as the lineup order for entering the stage.
5~gotta finish entering all of the attendance records for this semester.
6~gotta make a decision on the Choir People of the Year, and order the plaques.
7~gotta pick up the t-shirts next Tuesday, on Meg's birthday.
8~gotta make labels for the t-shirts, so that they can be handed out next Wednesday.
9~gotta have some coffee.
10~gotta email info on rehearsals to the choir parents.
11~gotta make sure everything is in place for the 2 receptions.
12~gotta figure out what I'm gonna wear. Does my denim skirt fit me again? Hope so.... I've lost 14 lbs so far....
13~gotta send out evites for the Choir 3 BBQ & Hot Tub Party.
14~Need more coffee.
15~Need to order more cymbalta. Pronto.
16~Need to continue to pray.

Lots to do. I ought to print out this list. I am a list person. Truly. I've always been a list person. Somehow, when checking off items from my many lists over the years, I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Seriously, I have lists saved on my computer. I have lots of menu lists, with corresponding grocery lists. I have ToDo Lists for what to do prior to any holidays, for what needs to be done prior to the first rehearsal of the year, for what to do prior to any musical, for preparing for vacations, for camping trips. Seriously. I am a list person. I'm always afraid I'll forget something. I love my lists.

***
I need to have time to work outside in the garden. I think perhaps this Saturday, after my 3 hour morning rehearsal, I'll work in the garden. Need to get the burner out and burn the weeds that are cropping up. I need to transplant the seedlings that we started in the basement. I'm really hoping that the bunnies don't eat them. I also need to clean out my deck pots and plant them with annuals. Perhaps this year I'll go back to using impatiens. (sp?) I've used potato vines the last several years, and I grow tired of them. I want color back. So, impatiens & perhaps some salvia.

I have seedlings to place in the big garden. I planted sweet peas, okra, salvia, cosmos, black eyed susans, wildflowers, tomatoes, watermelon, pumpkins. Gotta get them transplanted. I thinned them yesterday and watered them again. They're ready to go.

***
Tuesday is Meg's 25th birthday. We plan on spending the day at the zoo. The zoo is one of my very favorite places in Kansas City. I love the zoo. And I especially love going to the zoo with my grandchildren. Of course, Lily & Kenzie won't really care about it, but Christian.... oh my. We are really looking forward to the experience of looking at these cool animals! Especially the lions and meerkats. I love the meerkats. I could watch them all day. Such interesting little babies.... And I hope the chimpanzees are out playing. They are so fun to watch too. Dyan is packing us a picnic lunch and we're all gonna have so much fun for Meg's birthday. I'm pretty sure we'll be going back to Meg's house for dinner & birthday cake. Fun times ahead.... This all makes me so happy that my girls are stay at home moms. I love this...

***
And that's my life so far.


No comments: