Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yeah, Life.

Yeah, life. It's moving on. And I'm trying to cope with it better. This past week was very stressful. In fact, when I went to the doctor on Friday, to check my weight and get more shakes, my blood pressure was 145 / 80. Not good. Stress. Oy..... The doctor told me to eat a few more carbs. Well, when I say "eat," I mean drink. He told me to drink the higher carb shake every once in a while. Especially when I feel stressed or light headed. So, on the way to my mani / pedi appt. after the doctor, I stopped by Sonic and had a jr. hamburger and a small order of tots, along with a large diet cherry limeade. I immediately felt better! LOL

***
So, now I'm taking over our income tax filing. Don's done it for 30 years... now it's my turn. At least it will get done on time, and hopefully correctly. My way of doing it will be to take it somewhere. LOL But I'll gather all the goodies, receipts, forms, etc. etc. etc. and make sure the taxes get filed. This year, we're filing an extension, at least until the other tax matters get resolved. Per suggestion of our attorney. Wow, who'da thought we'd have so many attorneys in our lives??? Oy....

***
The musical is 3 weeks away. We are down to the brass tacks now. The stage is built. Now I just need to dress it. The rest of our rehearsals will take place on the stage. Today's rehearsal was on the stage, and it was great. Our cast is so good, and we are having a ton of fun. For instance, today, after our restroom break, I came back to my directors chair and was ready to put on my little reader glasses, and couldn't find them! I looked everywhere. I even had one of the girls go to the restroom to see if for some reason I took them there. Then everyone was laughing and I look up at the stage to see our lead actress wearing them. Silly....

We finished the blocking today. All 6 scenes are blocked, along with the songs. It's all good. Next Saturday will be a 3 hour rehearsal in the morning. We will completely review scenes 1 - 6 & the songs that have blocking in them, along with the crows and weeds, since they also have dialogue. Then after that rehearsal in the morning, I follow up with a 2 hour band rehearsal. Fun, but exhausting times. I need to remember to bring my camera and snap some shots of our rehearsals.


Now I just need 8 bales of straw, a couple of farm chairs, lanterns, picket fences nailed, lattice nailed, and perhaps a tree or two... Oh, and I need to figure out these dang "inventions".... Oy.... lots to do.

***
I candled my ears today. You wouldn't believe how much pollen and wax was inside of them.

***
Tomorrow, late afternoon, we have another Work & Witness meeting. Gonna plan our menus, and other food things. Gonna get their medical forms notarized. Don is a notary. And Don is gonna share some personal info with our team. I think. He keeps asking me if he should, and I think he probably will. His call. We are about 2 months out from our trip. I'm really looking forward to going to Dominica. It's lush & beautiful, and I'm really looking forward to interacting with the women on this island. I'd love to do something with the children too. We will discuss the possibilities at our meeting tomorrow. We have a great team put together. Sixteen people total. Nice.


***
I pray that the Lord guides us out of these latest troubles and helps get things resolved in a timely manner, so that we can once again give to the church and concentrate on our ministries. I pray that God walks through this with us and guides us, and that the Holy Spirit will give us the strength to make it through. And, if He chooses to not delay his return for His church, I wouldn't be upset about that! Come, Lord Jesus, come! I'm ready!


***
And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

I hope that all goes well with your w&w meeting..praying for Don!! It will all be okay and I know that you guys will make the right decisions and the words will just flow as he tries to tell his story.

PRAYING THROUGHOUT THE DAY...

Julie said...

(((many hugs)))
I hope things chill out for you a bit, and soon - be sure to take care of yourself.