Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Preparations

Okay, so tomorrow is Father's Day.  Lots of stuff to do today to get ready to celebrate Don being a great daddy to our kids.  All 3 of them.  


To Do List:
1)  make myself presentable for going shopping on the Plaza.
2)  make shopping list for the 3 pies I'm gonna make later today.
3)  try to NOT dwell on the fact that I will not be eating 3 said pies.
4)  drive to the Plaza.
5)  shop at Tommy Bahamas.  
6)  stop at Hallmark store on the way back into LS.
7)  HyVee - our local grocery store
8)  make 3 pies.  2 sour cherry pies, one for Don and one for his brother, Dan, and 1 blueberry banana cream pie for Drew.  Should make an apple pie for Jory, too.  
9)  Scratch 3 pies, make it 4.
10)  If time, go to LCF concert tonight.


Lots to do, and what am I doing?  Sitting here blogging.  I've decided I've missed blogging.  Gonna blog more often.  Great therapy.  Reading on my past blogs has made me LAUGH OUT LOUD, especially when I had my gall bladder surgery a year ago.  LOLOL.


***
I will call my dad tomorrow to wish him a happy Father's Day.  We were supposed to drive down to visit him today, but because Don ran into a bird while on the motorcycle a few days ago, his eye hasn't quite healed.  So, we will make the drive down to Arkansas next Saturday.  And this gives Vika time to make her new Grandpa a blanket to keep him warm.  Nice.  I only hope we can find fleece fabric that has golf stuff on it.... or ECU colors, or Razorback stuff on it.  He'll love that.


***
Each day is getting easier for me dealing with no longer having a choir.  At least for now.


***
I love Saturday mornings.  DIY on the telly, and hot tea by my side.  Lazy Saturdays, I love!


***
And that's my life so far...

No comments: