Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another "boring" post...

We've had a busy weekend....

Saturday morning, got up, went to the gym, was on the treadmill for an hour, walked 2 1/2 miles, heart rate steady at 136, which is fat burning mode. Felt good... sweat alot.

Came home, fixed lunch - 1/2 turkey sandwich and a spoonful of potato salad left over from the 4th. After that, I started painting the bathroom. Spent several hours doing that yesterday.... and by the time I finished the first coat of the wall color, the fumes were getting to me. I went through about 7 LARGE glasses of water or iced tea yesterday, between the treadmill & the bathroom. I'll post pics tomorrow on the newly painted bathroom. I put 2 coats on the ceiling, a dark taupe color, and so far, one coat on the walls, sortofa terra cotta color. I loooooooove it! It's so calming, those colors!

After painting, I took my shower and glammed it up, because when I'm all sweaty and haven't showered, I feel so groudy... I wanted to feel pretty again. When I was all pretty again, I got a call from the director for the Dinner Drama, "Don't Drink the Water"... I got the part of the Chef & she also wants me to play the Ambassador... fine by me. But, I'll only have 2 1/2 pages of dialogue timing in which to make a costume change.... should be interesting. Wanna know the first line of the Ambassador? "Jesus, look at those Communists!" LOL That's gonna be changed... So, anyway, I guess I'm now officially an actor! I'm really looking forward to the challenge.

Once I got off the phone with Jenny A., Don & I hopped on the Harley and rode to the Plaza. It was a PERFECT evening for a ride! We parked where other bikers park... and walked over to Buca di Beppo... we ate dinner on the patio and it was fabulous. I'd worked up quite an appetite. We had a salad, yummy garlic bread & fettucine supremo, meaning with veggies & chicken. All very delicious! Then we rode back to LS, and stopped at Sheridans for sundaes. Also yummy.... I tell you what, Saturday wore me out.

Soooooo, today, church, then to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch, and in a little bit, we're heading to the movies. Don wants to see that new Angelina Jolie movie... "Hunted", I think it is... So, we'll head to the matinee in a little bit. Dyan saw it and said that there is alot of cussing in it, the bad kind of cussing, which I cannot stand, but she said if you can get past that, the movie is actually pretty good. Don wants to see it.... so that's what we'll do, cause I'm a nice wife! ;-P

Tomorrow, gym by 7:45, work with the trainer at 8, then another 30 min. of cardio, then home to paint the 2nd coat on the walls... then it's hit the office & finally get it DONE! I should take a before & after picture of that too... Julie, you'll never believe it!

And that's my life so far...

1 comment:

Mama's Ramblings said...

I was wondering when you were going to update. :-) Even if it is "boring" I love seeing what everyone is up to.

Can't wait to see pics of the bathroom. We are getting ready to paint our bathroom and basement so I like to see other people's ideas.