Sunday, August 10, 2008

Race for the Cure

Don & I walked the 5K Race for the Cure today... Got up at 6 AM, was out the door by 6:30 and down at Union Station a little after 7. We met up with Ruby & Dyan & Christian. There were SOOOOO many people there, it was almost impossible to walk. So, since Christian was in the stroller and therefore had to go slow, Ruby & I ditched Don & Dyan and walked briskly, weaving in and out of people... lol. I'd say "On your right" or "On your left" or "coming through"... and they'd move. lol. We finished the walk in under an hour. The weather was perfect... in the 70's.... but regardless, I was a sweating maniac...

***


Gonna post a few pictures... I hate my pictures, but oh well... I'm working on it...and these pics were post-walking. So, I'm really sweaty and my hair is awful... Why am I even posting these? I dunno.... My trainer says that I should ask my doctor if I can go off of Tamixofen, since that caused a 30 lb weight gain... *deep sigh*
Ruby and Me



My back - dedications



Christian being so cute... His shirt says "When I grow up, there's gonna be a cure!"

Christian and Papa in the Survivors PavillionDyan.... isn't she so cute???

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like a great time! I'm so glad you did it, you ought to be very proud of yourself. :o)