Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tidbits...

It's been a busy week. I've been working out at the gym... in fact, today I was there over 2 hours. I did an hour of weight / resistance training, and then I walked over 3 miles on the treadmill. That's about the distance for a 5K. I'll be walking the Race for the Cure on Sunday, which is 5K long. I'll be walking with Don, Dyan, Christian, Meg (maybe) and a friend and fellow cancer survivor, Ruby from my church. Should be a fun day.

Today, I booked a cruise for Don & me. It's a Mexican Riviera cruise and leaves Los Angeles on Dec. 28, sailing for a week. We will port at Cabo san Lucas, Matzatlan & Puerto Vallarta (spelling on these is perhaps questionable..lol) We will fly to LA on the 27th, and stay at a hotel in Long Beach. I'm hoping that our friends Tim & Dianne will come to our hotel and have dinner with us that night. And I'm also hoping that Lorene & Jerry decide to book the same cruise with us. It's a New Year's cruise, and those are always fun. I loooooove dressing to the 9's and dancing on New Year's Eve. And Don looks fabulous in a tux... lots of fun will be had.

Tomorrow, Christian will be having some minor surgery. He's going to have his tongue clipped. The only problem is that because he's almost 2 and very squirmy, he'll have to be sedated. So, they'll do this as an outpatient, at Children's Mercy South. It will be an early morning... I'll get up at 6 and be out the door by 6:30 or so.

Tomorrow night is another Dinner Drama rehearsal... I'm working hard at memorizing my lines... ugh... that terrifies me. I never thought Jenny would give me a role!!! LOL

We went to the Royals game tonight... watched them get smashed again by Boston... *deep sigh* We left at the 8th inning, cause I was very tired.

It's 10:35, better head to bed.

And that's my life so far....

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, sounds like lots going on. Wishing Christian all the best - I know it's a minor thing, but I'm sure Grandmama and Mommy are worried nonetheless. I'm jealous of your cruise, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Julie.. come with us on the cruise! You'd have a blast!!!

xoxo