Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our Day at the Lake

Don & I went to the lake on Friday night & Saturday. Dyan & Jory's friends, Paula & Adam have a house down there, or at least Paula's parents do, and they go there nearly every weekend. We spent the day on the lake yesterday. Don & I rode the jetskis for a while, and then I got into the boat & let Paula, Adam & Brandon all ride. Here are some pictures to share...

Here is Don teaching Christian how to drive a jetski.... Christian, he always wants to drive something! LOL Cars, motorcycles, jetskis.... doesn't matter. He just says "Drive" and that's it... we're a sucker for a kid who loves to drive! He's just like his Daddy...

These next pictures are of Christian jumping into the lake and climbing back onto the boat. Over and over and over and over again.... you get the picture.






Jory & Don enjoying the water. (oops, that's down below the two dudes relaxing on the jetskis) They brought rafts and everything! Drop the anchor and hang out in the middle of the yucky brown germ-laden, bacteria laden lake!!! LOL And then there's the picture of Don & Brandon, or Brandi as Christian calls him, floating on the jetskis. I made Don a sandwich and handed it over to him... lol. He stayed on the jetski all day.



Self portrait!!! I'm never in any pictures, because I'm always the one TAKING the pictures.... but my new camera allows me to see what I'm taking, backwards! Love it...

Christian is having a lunch break... yummy turkey! And there is Christian and Papa in the lake. Boy, that kid loves jumping into the water! And he loves his papa!

















I hope you've enjoyed these pictures of our day on the lake with our grandson. What fun we had.... Too bad we couldn't stay for the whole weekend.... church obligations, ya know....

***


Today, after church, Don & I came home for a quick sandwich, then headed to Crown Center for the Irish Festival... apparently one of our customers is a big whig in organizing it, and we tried to find him and let him know we were there. No chance, really.... too many people! So, we left and went to the movies. Saw the Batman movie.... ugh... oh well. Don DID go to see Mamma Mia last weekend.... turn about's fair play, I suppose.

***

And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you all decided to come down! It was funnnnn!!!!

Julie said...

Those are wonderful pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time. :-)