Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Monday....

Yes, it's another Monday morning.... the start of a new week. I got plenty of sleep last night, which felt good, and got up this morning to go to the gym. I did my workout with Shannon... and it felt so good. But, I did it in my socks, and not my shoes. You see, last Friday night, Don & I rode the Harley down to the American Royal. So, therefore, I had on my riding boots. Never had a problem with them before. But... I wore them with some old, cushy socks. I didn't think it would be a problem. Well, we walked and walked and walked, all over the place, looking for one of our vendors, and schmooze with them. Our company sponsored a BBQ chef, and we had our own spot down there, with our company's advertising and all. Everyone did that! Well, we finally found who we were looking for, but I could hardly walk. I just knew that I was rubbing off all of the skin on the back of my ankles. Turns out I did. My ankle is just raw.... and oozing, and very nasty looking. Poor thing.... But, the BBQ was good! So, we schmoozed with some vendors, and then SLOWLY walked back to our spot. Once there, I didn't care, I just took off my boots and socks and ran around barefoot. We had a nice time down there, and several customers & people who work for us showed up.... it was a nice party. I've never seen anything like the American Royal BBQ contest before.... it was MASSIVE.... and smelled so wonderful! And the eating was so delicious... We left around 10:30, and rode through the power and light district, then the Plaza, and then home... it was a lovely autumn ride...

So, I worked out in my stocking feet.... lol. And noone noticed! Too funny.... But the workout felt so good.... I missed last Friday since I was so sick...

***

Okay, so we have a new pastor. I really like them. I know from talking to my friend, Cindy, that it's kinda difficult sometimes to be a pastor's wife in a new church, difficult to find a kindred spirit. I remember things that she'd say, and I remember praying alot for her, that she'd find her kindred spirit. I miss them so much, still. But I know that they are happy in Idaho, and so I am happy for them. Anyway, I wasn't going to let that happen to our new pastor's wife... so we met for coffee last Thursday and chatted for about an hour and a half. It was so nice, and I can tell right off the bat that I really like her. And Don was one of FIVE people in our entire church who helped unload them, move them into their apartment, so they got to know him pretty well that way. I really like our new pastoral family. And they've just jumped right in with both feet! Dawn was singing in the choir Sunday morning, and Katherine has already joined the Kaleidoscope Children's Choir, and just last evening, Christopher joined the youth choir, and brought 2 more boys with him, Tyler & Elliot. What a hoot! It just feels so good to have a pastoral family again, as it's been almost a year since our dear former pastor & his wife left for Idaho. Having the new pastor here helps in the grieving process, that's for sure. I think our church will survive all of this, and just last Sunday, we had a whole slew of new members join. It was a great sight... God is moving once again in our church. It's so good to see His blessings on our church body. And we had a packed house... wonderful.

***
I'm sipping on my Starbuck's, grande latte, 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha, no whip.... and it is soooooooo good...

***
Today, I have to get the house back in order, since it's fallen out of order from all of my busyness with the dinner drama & my being so sick last week. The order of the day is to clean the kitchen, straighten the living room, do a load or two of laundry, enter my bills on the computer, enter my checkbook entries & EFT's, and then pay some of those bills. God is so good to provide for our needs.

***
Youth choir rehearsal last night was incredible! I had 4 new kids join... one soprano, Sarah, and 3 tenors, the guys, afore mentioned. We worked really hard on the song that we're going to sing on Sunday, "Hymn of Promise" by Natalie Sleeth, one of my all time favorite composers. It's a song about there being a time & season for everything, and only God knows what the future brings. And through God, we have a hope for eternal salvation, and our future is secure with Him! I'll print the words later.... they're really profound. We have our choir outfits all chosen - for the girls, black slacks or skirts, white t-shirt or tank top, and a turquoise cardigan. The boys will be the same, except for the skirt part, and the cardigan. They'll wear a matching sweater vest over a white t-shirt. Nice looking.... I can't wait to see it all put together. This has been a dream of mine for a long time, to get an actual CHOIR started for the youth of our church. It was so fun teaching them their parts and hearing it come together. Very different from KCC.

***
I ramble on... time to stop.

And that's my life so far...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your poor feet, that sounds awful. :o(

Glad you like the new pastor's family, that's wonderful. It's thoughtful of you to make sure his wife feels welcome and comfortable.

Have a wonderful day!