Sunday, October 19, 2008

Okay, so this is life....

Busy, busy, busy.... that is my life right now.... but the busyness is quickly coming to an end..... thank Goodness!

Opening Night was a smashing success.... I was scared to death prior to my first entrance... the part of the Ambassador is daunting to me, and quite terrifying... My lines are sorta random, and not connected to the lines before mine... so it's strictly memorization... and my brain is old. LOL But, the role of the "neurotic" chef was not a problem at all.... loved that. It's such a hoot to play such a fun character... I just noticed, I do this....... all the time, that dot dot dot thing... oh well. Live with it.

I performed my parts in the play flawlessly... albeit nervously at the very beginning. I'm so glad that I cannot see past the edge of the stage... bright lights and all.

I enjoyed Saturday's performance so much more.... I was completely at ease, and really enjoyed the pre-performance chatter & getting the stage makeup on, and costumed, hair done up in a bee-hive with a flip, totally 60's... Hilarious!

***
No rehearsals on Monday & Tuesday.... BUT... I have handbell rehearsal on Monday at 7. That will be alright. I love playing bells, and it's alot of Christmas music, so that is fun. Love, love, love Carol of the Bells...

***
Tuesday is a free day / night for me. Yahoooooooooooo.... I will be getting a pedicure that afternoon, and I'll even COOK DINNER!!!! Gosh, haven't cooked in weeks!! Imagine that...

***
Wednesday is a line only readthrough of the play. No costumes, no mics, no makeup, no lights... just the actors all reading through the play, or rather, speaking their lines through the play. Should be fine. Just gotta leave Kaleidoscope a bit early again. Six-thirty... so Dyan will be in charge of kcc for about 25 minutes. Should be fine.

***
Thursday, Friday & Saturday, all performances... with a call time of 5 PM. Dinner for the guests begins at 6:15, and the play begins at 7:30. Fun times. Then on Saturday, after the performance, we will start undressing the set... It will be a late night. Yup. Late.

Then I'll have to get up very early on Sunday to make it to church on time to greet the KCC kids... we're singing in worship this coming Sunday. "The Lord is My Light" is what we'll be singing... i love that song. Pure scripture. Love it.

***
Sunday afternoon, Don & I will hop on the Harley and ride to Springfield, where we'll have dinner at Lambert's, home of the "throwed rolls"... They have fried okra, which I love... After that, we will be riding over to Branson, and spending the night, possibly 2 nights. I'd love to go to Silver Dollar City... haven't been there since I was a child. I really need a break, and I really need to spend good quality time with my husband.

***
My dad, Micki & Lani, my step sis, came in town this afternoon. We spent the afternoon at Dyan & Jory's, and had dinner at Meg & Drew's. It was a very pleasant day... it was once again, great seeing my dad. I wish that he lived closer, I truly do.

***
And that is my life so far... (there go those 3 dots again!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well...I thought that you did great on Saturday...yesterday was fun...it was great seeing Grandpa again...How are you going to pack for 2 days on the Harley?...just wondering...I know how you like to pack...Love you...

Julie said...

It's called an ellipse - that dot dot dot thing. :o) I do it too, a lot more than I should.

You're so busy! I'm glad the performances went well. And I'm glad you were able to see your dad again. I'm not sure what I'd do if my daddy lived far away.