Friday, October 17, 2008

Opening Night

I'm trying to type right now, to update, but my eyes are all blurry after reading Meg's blog.... so bear with me....

***

Opening Night is tonight.... "Don't Drink the Water" by Woody Allen, a Dinner Drama hosted by my church and the First Drama Ensemble. It's been a whole heckofa lot of work.... but it's also been really fun. I feel very confident in my performance, and in my preparation. We had our dress rehearsal last night, complete with costumes & makeup, and no stopping to get lines.... and it all went very well. Call time tonight is 5 PM, sans makeup, because we have to get wired up before applying any makeup. That way the tape will stick to our faces. So, I'll go get my wires on, do my sound check, turn off the mic pack, then I'll get my stage makeup on, eat some dinner, change clothes & fix my hair. Dinner is at 6:15 for the guests, and the play begins at 7:30. Don is coming tonight... I think Dyan, Jory & friends are coming on Saturday... Don will come again next Thursday and will bring his mom, and also, Dyan is serving that night, so she'll see it again.... and I can't remember when Meg & Drew are coming. My trainer, Shannon & her friend, Lauren will be coming next Friday....

Anyway, Opening Night is finally here! The light is seen at the end of the tunnel of the dinner drama.... I can soon have my life back!

***

So, my dad called the other day. Apparently they're in Arkansas visiting, and plan on coming up here on Sunday. This is a very busy time for my family, but we'll do what we can to see him. Sunday, after church, I'm slated to sell tickets to the dinner drama, and then I have a Children's Council meeting, which usually lasts until 2 PM. So, we're sending Don, Jory & Christian home to greet my dad, Micki & Lani, to have lunch with them.... Dyan & I will join them after our meeting. Then we'll head to Meg's for dinner.... I want my dad to see both of my girls' homes... They're doing so well for themselves, and I'm a proud mama.

Not sure what my dad is planning on doing on Monday... probably will come to my house. I have a trainer appt. at 11.... so we'll see. He's driving back to Arkansas sometime on Monday. I may have to change my trainer appt. to sometime in the afternoon. I already gave Shannon a heads up on it....

***

I'm not nervous at all about the play.... which is a good thing, I hope!

***

I should bring my camera and take a pic of myself with my stage makeup on.... it's hysterical. I look like I belong at the 13th & Vine district!!! And I even have the shoes to wear from Priscillas! WHat a hoot!

***
Dyan & Jory's due date is May 27th, 2009. Yes, I'm gonna be a grandma again, and she's finally telling people.... She's almost 8 weeks along. They saw the heart beating again today at their appt. with the clinic.... All is well. But Dyan is feeling sick... poor thing. After the dinner drama, I'll be able to take Christian more, so she can have a break.... I don't mind doing that AT ALL!!!!

***

Yesterday, the pumpkin patch trip was so fun.... Christian was adorable... but there were so many school children there! So, note to self: Next year, go in the afternoon, and earlier in the month!!! We looked at the animals, fed some, played on the playground equipment, rode a tricycle on a dirt path.... rode a hay ride to the BIG pumpkin patch... where Christian proceeded to select the BIGGEST pumpkin he could find... so Grandma had to lug it back to the wagon, a very long way away, and through the muddy pumpkin patch.... I was soooooooo out of breath! Dyan bought 3 pumpkins, and I bought 3 sugar pumpkins for pies... It was a beautiful day.... sunny, crisp, cool, and perfect for going to the pumpkin patch. I'll post pics sometime....

***
And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, it is almost over! You are going to be GREAT!!! I can't wait to see the play! Plus good food! The pumpkin patch was fun! There were a lot of kid there! That made me want to homeschool then I won't have to go on field trips like that! I love kids but not that many of them! GOOD LUCK tonight! You are going to do great!

Julie said...

I can't wait to see pics of your play - make sure you get some. :o)

Give Dyan some tea with fresh grated ginger in it when she's feeling sick, works wonders. Vitamin B supplements help too. :o)