Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Saturday AT HOME!!!

Boy, it feels so good to have a Saturday at home all day!!! I'm so tired of being away from home... Really. I am!

However, last night, was a blast! It was Christopher's 40th birthday party, and we played Laser Tag! Talk about FUN!!! Our family has known Christopher & his family since 1990, in California. His mother is a good friend of mine, and was my choir mentor... She taught me alot about children's choirs, and continues to do so. Anyway, as a surprise to Christopher, his whole family from California came in for his birthday.... his mom, dad, both sisters, brother in law and of course his niece and nephew. It was so great seeing them all.... We gathered at their house, along with a few more friends, had cake & icecream... and then headed to the laser tag place. OMGosh, it was so much fun! I loved it.... and worked up quite a sweat! Oh, and Roger blasted ME 11 times!!! Oh, the nerve! And Emma kept coming around the corner and shooting me! LOL I liked this better than paintballing... much less painful! The room was really dark, and all you could see was the blinking lights of the other players.... so cool! So, thanks, Carolyn & Christopher for the extreme fun last night.... I really needed this, after my week of intense rehearsals for DDTW.

So, back to my Saturday.... what will I do??? Well, I slept LATE... 9 AM.... oh yeah... felt so good. Now I'm blogging.... gonna get some breakfast in a minute. Then I"m gonna wash my face & get dressed, finish the bills / checkbook. After that, I'm going to pot my mums.... YES, finally! And I'm going to clean up the deck. Then I'm going to repot my house plants and put those watering globes in them... Then I'm going to do some straightening up around here.... And tonight, for dinner? Ribeyes & artichokes.... doesn't get much better than that!

I love Saturdays at home.....

And that's my life so far....

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ooh i wanna try laser tag. That sounds like fun. :o) Glad you enjoyed your day at home!

Meg said...

Yeah, you suck. Steaks and artichokes...grrr. Next time, invite me!! Drew doesn't like artichokes!!