Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm So Brave!

THIS was in my GARAGE today.... CLIMBING THE STAIRS to get INTO MY HOUSE. i about died....... I quickly found a long handled dust mop, and by the time I came back out into the garage, it had made it to the TOP step, ready to slither into my HOUSE!!! I put the handle down to sorta scooop it up, and it HISSED at me and tried to strike me.... Well, I was having NONE of that!!! So, I continued to try and get the little bugger onto my pole, and finally succeeded. I quickly opened the garage door, and quickly walked out front and put him in the flower bed. He loved that.... and quickly slithered away. I think he was about 2 feet long....
How would YOU like to have this in YOUR house???
I found out it's a Milksnake... and harmless. I thought maybe it was a venomous coral snake, and so I didn't wanna pick it up.... maybe next time I'll REALLY be brave and pick the little bugger up!
Here's another picture for your enjoyment.

And that's my life so far....

4 comments:

Julie said...

Ew! I wouldn't have handled that well. I dont' care if they aren't poisonous, I wouldn't want it in my house. Glad you got rid of him though, and made him happy. :o)

-C- said...

Aunt Debbie you are so brave!!! I learned how to tell the difference between a real coral snake and a fake one when I was in Brazil. If the stripes connect all the way around the body it is poisionous. If the under belly is one flat color it's not. Still I wouldn't want to get close enough to check.

Unknown said...

OMG!!!! I can't believe that!! Beauty would have eaten it! and Cali would have had fun too!

Anonymous said...

Did the snake almost make it to your new bathroom, the one that we all are waiting for pictures from? :)