Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend Projects

Alrighty.... weekend projects. Mr. Anonymous... I'm finally uploading pictures of the master bathroom renovation. I'm also sticking in pictures of my Neglected-for-two-years garden.... anyone wanna come over and HELP ME?????
New shower valve
Where the toilet used to be. Drywall is all up and mudded and partially sanded.
This is the floor where the old shower stall used to be. Don took out the plumbing and is laying new floor down. What a mess!
Another view of where the toilet used to be.
View of the yet-to-be-drywalled walkin shower. He decided to take the wall clear up to the ceiling, with the very top being a whole row of glass blocks. Notice the inserts? That's going to be drywalled around them & tiled over.
They will be for my STUFF...
Ugh, my poor garden. Two years of neglect. Summer before last, I was in treatments for breast cancer. Then last summer, I was in Europe for 3 weeks and Alaska for 3 weeks, and when I came home, we had whirlwind emotional stuff going on, and so the garden never did get tended to.... What a mess it is right now. This picture is from the perennial bed. Full of sucker trees... I'm cutting them out today and gonna put them thru the shredder.


The vegetable bed... where my salsa garden is supposed to go... Yup, full of weeds. I bought two tomato plants today, Big Boy and will put them in the ground this weekend. I just need to find some grape tomatoes to plant. I'm not going to do the peppers this year, because in the past years when I planted them, the dang bunnies ate them up! Down to the stubs!
Made me so mad!!!
This bed is my perennial flowering shrub bed.... my peonies are about to bloom and my rose bush needs tending to badly. I also have bulbs in that bed and two hydrangeas. Poor neglected bed. Better get to pruning, eh?
SUCKER TREES... they're growing EVERYWHERE!!! I had to buy new lopers today since Dyan bent the last pair I had, trying to cut down these stupid trees! I just want to take everything out next to the fence and till it up and put sod down. Tired of the upkeep...
Entering the poor, neglected garden. Help!!! I need help!!! I'm gonna treat it like the Secret Garden, and untangle all those weeds and let new life breathe into the perennials... Surely there is treasure there.
The Herb Bed. It's overcome with oregano, dill & mint... And there are some rose bushes from last year's children's musical in there somewhere, probably choked to death by those dang weeds... the kind that grow and wind around everything....
Picture of the bathroom from our bedroom. New light sconce.... there will be 2 of them with a black framed mirror inbetween. Lovely...
We're just about ready for paint!
Don, working on the floor where the old shower stall used to be.
His t-shirt says "Old Dudes Rule". Love it....
A closer picture of the wall sconce. That cabinet? I'm gonna paint it black & distress it... make it look really old and antiquated.... It will be an "old world" spa-like bathroom. Another view of the sink wall, that 2nd round spot is where the other sconce goes. And he has the plumbing ready for the new sink to go in, once I get the walls painted. The new sink is still in my garage... lol.
Closer pic of the 2 forms that Don installed in the wall of the shower. Don will put tile board up around it & then tile over the whole thing. This is where I'll keep all my stuff to beautify myself...

And that's our life so far....

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ahhh I wish I could come help you! It looks like a ton of work, but it'll be so beautiful once it's all finished. That's a great way to get lots of satisfaction. :o) Have fun working on your bathroom, I bet it'll be beautiful when it's all done. You're gonna be one busy woman!

Check Wal Mart for cherry tomatoes, ours had lots and the two plants I bought are doing really well.