Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Finally Here!!!

The "Rock Slinger" weekend is FINALLY here! Woo hoo! Last night was our dress rehearsal... was able to run the whole thing twice. We even were able to take cast photos.... I'll post some next week.

Today is our 3 PM Matinee.... Call time for the kids is 1:30 - for those who are wearing wireless mics, and 1:45 for everyone else. We'll do a quick sound check, and then go back to the choir room for costumes, hair & makeup. After that, we will have "connect" time, where we will talk about the significance of this musical, what it means to them, and we will pray. We will get into our lineup orders at 2:55 and head to the gym.

Tomorrow morning, kids have to be at church by 8:30 - we are singing in the morning worship service, and will need to do a soundcheck at 9. We are singing two songs from the musical: "Our God is Great!" for a call to worship, and "My God Is" for the offertory. Fun times.

Then tomorrow night, we have a 6 PM performance followed by a reception & striking the set. Big day tomorrow.

Monday - I think we'll have a Cinco de Mayo celebration in honor of Don's being released from probation! Woo hooooooooo! Did you kids even remember that your dad's year was up on April 26th? Thank the Good Lord that THAT whole chapter in our lives is finished!

Well, I just finished giving myself a manicure.... I'm all ready to go. Got my black traveler pants on, my "rock slinger" t=shirt, which is boldly yellow, a color which does NOT suit me at all, but which my choir 3 kids chose, and I'll wear a weekender jacket over it... solid black. Slimming?? I hope so.

Gotta run~ And that's my life so far....

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hooray! Can't wait to hear all about how it goes, and to see the pictures. I'm sure it will be absolutely wonderful. :-)
And congrats to Don too, for being a free man. Now tell him to stay out of trouble. ;o) LOL

Unknown said...

The kids did SO good today! I am so proud of them!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Julie... Thanks, Dyan. Yes, the kids were spectacularly awesome today! I am sooooo proud of them... it makes my heart swell.

Julie, have you ever heard the story of why Don was on probation? I'll have to share that sometime.... it's one that you just won't believe... it's crazy!

Okay, I'm tired.... gonna go rest. Everything is ready for tomorrow, and my sweaty clothes are in the washer! LOL