Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grandma Ramblings....

Not much to really blog about, but since I looked at my blogsite, I realize I hadn't updated since last Tuesday.... too long. Sorry, girls....

My life has been pretty laid back lately. I've been spending time working in the Neglected-for-Two-Years garden.... I about have the tomato bed ready for planting. I have some pretty good sized potted tomatoes ready to go in. I just need to go out and finish it up. I have cut down the weeds from the other beds, and need to get busy cleaning them up. But, to tell you the truth, the muggyness outside really gets to me. I cannot stand the thick air humidity.... and I get headaches really easily. So, I take it a little at a time.

Last night was fun.... it was Jory's birthday, so we all went to the Royal's game.... watched them lose the 12th game in a row.... disappointing... but they did have alot of good plays, just lost by 1 run. After the game was Fireworks Friday.... fun times. And it was Buck Night.... hotdogs, peanuts & sodas for a buck. Nice....

Merry Maids came on Friday. My house is nice and clean... I like it that way. Am I spoiled??? Probably... but who cares? I've loved being a stay at home mom for 20 plus years, and I worked very hard at it, taking care of the kids, house, husband.... so now, it's my time to enjoy, right? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I love Julie's post about Homesteading Moms.... If I lived in that time period, that would have been me. My maternal grandmother was that way, as were her parents. I, too, love reading about that era. Those women worked hard, and knew the value of raising their children & taking care of their homes & husbands. I admire that quality....

Today.... Don is our 4 wheelin' at Deep Water... with Donnie, Timmy & one of Donnie's friends. They're having fun muddin' it up... I'm sure. And Jory is out on a motorcycle ride, borrowing Don's bike.... and also having fun. Dyan went to the Farmer's Market in downtown KC today and is bringing me back a seedless watermelon and some good tomatoes. And later on today, I'll go pick up Christian and he's gonna spend the night with Grandma & Grandpa! Fun times ahead! Dyan & Jory are going to a fish fry in Springhill.... good for them!

Oh, good news! Don was elected to be on our church board! So were alot of other really good people. I feel very excited about the future of our church now. And certain people were not reelected, which is a very good thing. Things are definitely looking up at church. It's great to see the hand of God working through the tough times that we've recently gone through in our church body. I'm so proud of Don for being elected! Woo hoo......

I'm being lazyyyyyyyyy today. It's almost 11 AM and I'm still in my jammies, checking emails... DS, and blogs. I really need to get outside and work on that tomato bed. Then in a bit, I plan to go shopping, to get a way smaller purse I've seen at Coldwater Creek.... then I'm also looking for a tunic length brown tank top. Perhaps I'll go to the mall.... & I need a hat for wearing in the convertible... one that's not a Royal's visor... I need something more fashionable, for wearing when we go to dinner or to church. You know, the kind that the old movie stars would wear while riding in convertibles??? That's me.... LOLOL What a joke!

And that's my life so far....

No comments: