Sunday, June 1, 2008

It Came in the Mail...

It came in the mail yesterday, and I didn't even check the mail.... so it was sitting there for a whole day and I didn't know it.

What? The "sissy" bar for the motorcycle. Gee.... this means that I have to ride the motorcycle, doesn't it? And I'm scared to death to do it... I used to ride with my dad as a kid, and almost got hit several times. I'm just terrified. But, I will try and get over it. I'm THINKING about allowing Don to take me to Sheridan's tonight, back roads only, for some custard. Just thinking about it.
***
:::EDIT, er, rather UPDATE::: I RODE THE MOTORCYCLE!!! And I actually enjoyed it! Yay me!!! We rode the back roads to Sheridans, and I had a strawberry sundae... and I had a great time. Perfect weather in the evenings... So, can I hear a YOU GO MOM!!!???
***

What else came in the mail? MONEY.... from the IRS. Lots and lots of money... 4 years worth of tax refund money.... I'll finally be able to pay off my credit cards! Yay us!

***

On yet another train of thought....Don was elected to be on the church Board this past week. It is a big honor, and a huge commitment. There are only 14 board members elected from the congregation... and this year's board promises to be a good one. And some people from last year were not reelected... yahoo! Anyway, congrats to Don for that! I'm so proud of him...

And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

We just ordered me a sissy bar too. It is going to be here for the Oklahoma trip. It was one of my "demands" before I would ride that far. :-)


I want to go see Sex and the City SO BAD!! I am glad that you enjoyed it. I might make Jeremy go with me. :-)

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! Go MOM!!! I am proud of you!!!