Saturday, June 21, 2008

The 100 Mile Harley-Davidson Breast Cancer Ride


Well, I did it! I rode on the Harley for well over 100 miles! My arthritic hip bone aches, but other than that, I did great! We rode through the countryside around Kansas City, and it was a beautiful ride. The day was perfect, not too hot. There were about 300 riders in all. It was totally fun being part of a group of Harley Riders.... There were all types of people there, most of whom I'd never normally associate with. But, I tell you what, it was fun! I met some really cool people... Harold, covered in tattoos, skinny as a toothpick, and as old as a goat... but really fun! I uploaded some pics for your enjoyment.... This first one is a picture of Linda snapping a photo of her husband, Matt. Chunky me is in the background... lol, in a DEW RAG, of all things!!! Never thought I'd see the day!~

Here is a picture of Linda & Matt, our friends who joined us for the ride. (Photo on the right side)

















And here I am squatting by the front of Don's Harley, where he had put the breast cancer support ribbon. What a goofball I look like??? I'm definitely NOT the photogenic one in the family...




Here are a couple of group pictures... Who went on the ride? Don~n~me, Meg & Drew & Matt & Linda, friends of ours.




Meg & Drew..... can I hear an "awwwww"???? Cute couple.... Meg is the new Golden Guard (colorguard unit) coach at the high school where she graduated from. Yay Meg! She will be coaching flags along with another former member of the Golden Guard, Ashley. They'll be good at it, and I'm thrilled that Meg is back doing guard stuff.... she really missed doing it in college...


After our ride, we stopped back at the Harley shop & they had a catered BBQ lunch for us, and a band was playing. It was great food, cause we were all HUNGRY!!! The band was nice too....

All in all, it was a lovely way to spend a hot summer morning..... riding through the countryside on a Harley-Davidson, wind in our faces, bugs in our teeth.... j/k.

And that's my life so far...

7 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

Looks like you all had a blast. I didn't know that Drew knew how to ride a bike?!? He doesn't come accross as the biker type. If he is a biker type, he shouldn't mind tattoos...Agree?!? Everyone always has a surprise in their closet...what's yours? Maybe a tattoo?!? STILL WAITING...

Unknown said...

LOL Jenny.... yes, we all had fun. Drew used to have his own bike when he and Meg started dating in college. He sold it before he finished school. He is borrowing Don's old bike. He loves riding... and he's very good at it. I'm proud of him! Just like Jory... lol.

And yes, YES, I'm GOING to get a TATTOO.... I need for Dyan to take me to her tattoo guy, and then, I'm really gonna do it! LOL

Love you~ *muah*

Mama's Ramblings said...

If she is taking you to Mark off of Wornall, that is the same guy that Jeremy uses. That is who I am going to have do mine once I decide what I want. I am the type of person that has to have a lot of meaning behind a tattoo before I get one. Like yours...it means something. Ya know?!? Can't wait to hear how all of that progress goes. :-)

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

It looks like fun was had by all! Meg looks so pretty! I am glad you had fun!

Mama's Ramblings said...

We were brainstorming last night about your tattoo. (Feel special?!?) Well, we thought that it would also be cool if you got some butterflies and ribbons up and down the top of your feet. Make sense? Then you don't have to worry about coving them up and yet you will still be able to see them when you want to. I think I like this idea the best...if you want my opinion. :-)

Unknown said...

ROFL jenny.... you guys are too funny!!! I'm still thinking, inside of my left ankle, and perhaps on the back of my shoulder. Who knows??? ROFL.... you guys talking about my tattoo... how funny is that? Yes, I do feel special! *muah*