Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tonight.... I did it!

I rode the motorcycle from my house in Lee's Summit to the Plaza... a 30 min. ride. And I actually enjoyed it! Amazing! Only when we were down on Ward Parkway did I start to feel panic setting in.... and I pushed it down with all my might! We got to the Plaza and had dinner at The California Pizza Kitchen. Lovely... I was well taken care of there. I love their BBQ Chicken pizza.

Then we hopped back on the bike and started home. I kept looking at the sky thinking it's gonna open up & drench us! But Don kept saying, "No, no no." We came home down 350 Hwy... got off at Colbern and rode to Douglas & into Lee's Summit. We stopped by Sheridans for custard. There was plenty of lightning in the sky.... and ominous looking clouds. I hurried up and ate my strawberry sundae, and we hopped back on the bike and headed home. Jory called while we were riding home and I talked to him and he said that there were tornado warnings all around... lol. We got home just in time. The news weather guys are on the TV showing pictures of the Plaza, pelting rain & wind, torrential downpours... we just barely escaped!

No panic attacks on the way home! I AM IMPROVING!!! Yay me! I swear I'm gonna turn into a Harley Momma! I think I'm too old to be a Harley Babe... I wouldn't wanna be that anyway! LOL

And that's my life so far....

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you had a good time. :o)