Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My New Hair

Today, I went to Dyan's to have her give me highlights & lowlights. I love what she did to my hair! Lots of streaks of red through it... and a richer brown & of course, bleach for the highlights. She did a great job. Here are some pics. I am NOT photogenic at all, not like my girls are... so you'll have to excuse the old lady face! LOL Oh, and all of these pics are self-portraits...
I love my new camera!

Notice the streaks of red???
Here's a bettter shot of the red streaks. I love them!!!

This last picture is very special. My friend, Julie, sent me a birthday present. She is an awesome knitter, and I've for months, been amazed at her talents with the needles. I've secretly wanted to ask her to knit me something, but never did cause I was sure that she'd think I was crazy! I mean, who does that? But, today, at Dyan's house, was the scarf that I'm wearing in this pic. She knitted it and sent it to me, and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love it! What a surprise it was, and I am very humbled.
Tomorrow is my 51st birthday. Ugh.... who'd have ever thought I'd be in my 50's????? Gosh, it seemed so old when I was in my 20's.... Now I'm here! Actually, I love being in my 50's! There is freedom with age. I've raised my kids, did a good job, I think.... and now it's the time of life for Don & I to focus on us instead of the kids all the time! And we are having fun... that is for sure!

And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW your hair looks really cool on camera! I did such a good job! Happy Birthday! Love you

Mama's Ramblings said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!! Your hair looks awesome. I love adding red to a hair cut. I think that it gives it a little something.