Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Last 24 Hours...

Life has been interesting, the last 24 hours.

Last night, I was reamed by an angry middle aged gay man who thinks that we should all have the same political viewpoints. Well, I'm sorry, but I am a conservative Republican, and I'll not apologize for that. The only bad thing is that he did this on a blog where others can see it, and not only was he angry at me for my political views, but I guess he & some other guy had been talking and making up this stuff about my company that wasn't even true.... he said that it's pretty poor that we don't provide medical insurance to our employees. Well, that is just not true. We DO offer insurance, and I told him that he was mistaken, and he's just an angry gay guy with a huge chip on his shoulder. I pretty much laid back into him... and he finally erased the blog & all communications between us. For that I am grateful. But I feel like I've lost a friend. And that's sad. I was very disturbed about it last night. I gotta stop reading those blogs... I swear....

Then TODAY.... I worked out in my garden this morning, finishing the tomato bed, got them suckers all planted.... and Cali, my baby, was with me playing outside and having a grand old time. Then about 12:30, I came inside, grabbed something cold to drink, checked my email... read blogs, watched my soaps, and then at 2 PM, I noticed that Cali wasn't in the living room with me. So, I started calling for her.... and she was NOWHERE IN SIGHT. Mind you, she had her shock collar on so she couldn't escape from the back yard.... I was terrified that someone had opened our gate and kidnapped her. So, in my grubby gardening clothes, unwashed hair & no makeup, I set out to look for her. I walked several blocks looking for her... no sign of her. I called Don, all upset, and he came home to help in the search. I drove the neighborhood several times, NO CALI. Then I remembered that she had on a tag with Meg's phone number on it. That was still on her collar from when we were in Europe last summer. I never changed it out. Sad thing, her new tag with MY phone number on it is in my bathroom. Soooooo, Meg left work an hour early, went home to check her messages, and SURE ENOUGH.... my neighbor, Laurie had Cali! So, I made a beeline to her house, and she wasn't home! Our other neighbor, Dick, was sitting on his front porch (and he didn't recognize me cause I looked so pitifully awful), and I asked him if he knew when Laurie would be home. He said he didn't, but that she usually leaves her door unlocked. I told him I wasn't about to open her door.... so I knocked, and lo and behold, Cali came to the glass door. So, I tried the knob, and yup, it opened up & I grabbed up my baby. We hugged and kissed all the way across the cul-de-sac. Ohhhhhh, I love my baby! I checked her shock collar, and yes, it still has batteries & still beeps.... so I have no idea how she got out. Laurie found her across the cul-de-sac at the mailboxes, and apparently Cali followed her home. Laurie didn't want her getting hurt, so she took her in, and called the number on her collar.

Well, after a shower, and Lord knows I needed it.... I did my hair & put makeup on and feel like a woman again.... Cali & I went to Laurie's house to see if she was home yet, and to thank her. We had a nice conversation, and I told her how grateful I was that she & her 5 year old son, Benjamin took such good care of Cali for me.

Moral of the story: Don't get into political discussions with angry gay men with chips on their shoulders.... and love your babies.

And that's my life so far....

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oy, sounds like a crazy day! Who's the crabby gay man? LOL Sounds interesting.

I'm glad you found Cali!

Unknown said...

Thats funny! Poor Cali...I can't believe that she got out! Just ignore that guy...he doesn't know what he is talking about!

Meg said...

LOL, love that you're causing an uprising on blogs with old, angry, gay men. Sounds just like you, hehe.

And I'm glad your baby was found and not hurt or kidnapped.

Love you!