Friday, September 5, 2008

Randomness... Part Deux, oh, and Zoo Pics

Well.... the first day of choir went very well. The Lord has blessed this ministry by bringing lots of new little kidlets to the fold. We are heavily weighted on the young side, but it's like starting over, so says my music director, Roger. He's right. I remember when I first started this choir at this particular church, I had 13 kids join. But over the last 10 years, the choir ministry has blossomed. Thanks be to God for that! I think our top numbers were 62 during one of our musicals, and this year, we're at 42. Last year, we were at about 39. I've been directing for 22 years now... that is a LONG time... but I do love it. And I do love the children. Seeing them again on Wednesday was like being at a family reunion... hugs were had by all!!! I love those kids... Adorable children.

***

Today, Dyan, Christian & I will be going to the Plaza. The weather is perfect today... high will be 72, and the sun is out! I think it sounds like a perfect day to have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory outside on the patio by the fountain. Lovely... Also, we'll stop in and visit our friend Becky (Wilkerson) who works at the Coach store... maybe I'll find something new???!!!???

***

I was going to go to the Worship Arts retreat tonight... but I tell you what... I'm so tired of being gone every evening.... so I told Roger that I'd have to retreat from the retreat. I just can't do it right now. I'm still burnt out on ministry stuff... but I keep on going anyway... and with the Dinner Drama rehearsals & choir rehearsals, I'm just too busy. So, I'm staying home this weekend instead of retreating. I hate not to be there, though... I love retreats. oy, what to do?

***

My Internet friend, Julie, received my goodie box this week from the UPS man. I put lots of stuff in it... a Point of Grace CD which has this song about being able to forgive yourself & turn up the music & dance... I love it... I bought one for myself too. And I put several books on how we know that God is real... the Case For books... Her husband knows about them & has read them, so I'm grateful for that. I want Julie to know Jesus like I do.... so I pray for her. And there was lots of other stuff in that box too... which I won't go into details about. Anyway, I received this heartfelt thank you... and I cried. I feel so blessed to know Julie, and I care for her. She is a great mommy, and a funny writer... a very talented writer. If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you ought to. I have a link to it here. She is my special friend who lives in Colorado. I'm so glad that I met her... Please join me in praying for Julie...

***

We fixed the wire in the back yard last weekend. I tore out all the old stuff, and Don put up the new wires, and they're alot sturdier. So, no bunnies can chew threw them, I hope! And now, Cali is once again wearing her "I'm-a-Bad-Girl" collar. Get close to the fence, Missy??? Shock of your life! MUAHAHAHAHA At least the neighbors won't be having to bring my "wunderlust" dog back home now. She is sooooo strong willed!

***

Okay, here are some pics from the trip to the zoo.... which didn't last all that long, since it was sooooo unbelievably HOT and HUMID and Mr. Christian was very cranky!!! I wanted to throw a fit too, I was so hot! But, I'm afraid that people would REALLY be staring at us! LOL






And that's my life so far....

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great pics! I wish we had a zoo nearby, we'd probably be there once a week with my animal-obsessed daughter. Thanks again for everything. :o) You're the best!

Unknown said...

The Zoo will have to wait till it gets cooler! Good pictures tho!