Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Busyness of Life

Yup, life is very busy at the moment.... Kaleidoscope Children's Choir, KCFC Youth Choir, Handbell Choir, and Dinner Drama.... oy... lots to do. But today was a good day. I went to bed after midnight last night, and slept in, 'til 9. Felt soooooooooo good. Then I got up, sorted a buncha laundry, stripped the sheets off of the bed, stuck them into the washing machine along with the bathroom rug... and started in on the laundry. Came downstairs and had breakfast and some hot tea... Then started working on the computer, doing choir organizational stuff... mostly for youth choir. Had alot of emailing regarding dinner drama too. Jenny, our director, tossed a new couple of lines to me today. Had to work on memorizing them, and I did alright tonight.

I tell ya, it just felt good to be home all day. I was in my jammies until 3 PM!!! I mean, WHY NOT??? I worked at my desk at home, and did laundry and some straightening up. Who cares if I had my jammies on that whole time?

I finally got my shower and fixed my hair & makeup... and then worked on choir stuff some more, and then headed to the kitchen to whip up a quick meal. I reheated the spaghetti with turkey marinara sauce that I'd fixed a few days ago, and we really didn't eat.... and I tossed together a salad. Don & I actually ate at the table! Then by 6, it was off to church for rehearsal. Rehearsal went until almost 10 tonight... oy, that's a long time!

Right now we're rehearsing 4 nights a week... so basically, every night of the week for the next month will be taken up... It is fun, though, and being "off the book" with my lines & blocking all memorized makes it fun. But, I am a bit worried about the leads... they keep messing up their lines... sure glad I don't have one of THOSE parts!!! As it is, I'm not sure if my family will claim me after watching me perform.... I am a "neurotic" chef... and I play it sorta over the top... *roof eyes*

Wednesday's schedule:
take Cali to the groomer

go to the gym, spend 2 hours working out (cardio & trainer)
grocery store for a few things

pick up Cali
shower, hair, makeup
lunch
choir lesson planning
order youth choir sweaters
pack a dinner (turkey sandwich or salad or something)
head to church by 3
kcc @ 5:30
dinner drama rehearsal @ 6:30 - 9:30

home by 10.

The busyness of life..... *deep sigh*

And that's my life so far...

4 comments:

Meg said...

So... you gonna do dinner drama next year?? LOL!

Maybe I'll stop by after "big kids" choir practice tonight and get a sneak-peak. :-)

Love you!

Unknown said...

Yeah, well.... it IS fun... but it's such a HUGE commitment... So I dunno... and you'll probably disown me once you see me in action as the neurotic chef!!! Daddy says that I can't do this next year... but you know me... I will decide that myself... lolol.

Love to have you come and watch! It's really quite insane!!! :-O

Unknown said...

I think that you will be great!!! I just wish that I can get the respect from the kids that you do! They just act different with you than me! Oh well! I can't wait to see you in DD! Love you!

Julie said...

My goodness, you really are a busy woman. Sounds like you're enjoying it all though.

How's working out at the gym going? You're doing a great job of sticking with it, congrats! I tried going to the gym once, and gave up after about a month, I'm just too lazy for that. :oP