Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed!

Easter weekend.... was a very busy one for me. Saturday mornin', had drama rehearsal from 10 - noon... followed by a quick microwaved lunch of leftovers from dinner the night before at Ciao Bella, a quaint little Italian restaurant that we went to after Good Friday services. By the way... Good Friday was good for me... I got to go to Coldwater Creek and be a "secret" shopper.... I spent $80 on clothes for Easter, and that's in ADDITION to the $50 gift card! Plus everything I bought was on 60% discount... lol. I bought a beautiful skirt, shirt & sweater, coral colored. The skirt is brown with coral accents. I looked good today! Back to Good Friday night.... my Choir 3 kids sang "A Lenten Love Song" and they were fabulous... very moving were they! In fact, after we sang, and we went to sit in the pews, Dyan was crying... and I hugged her and asked her if she was okay... and she was sobbing, thinking about losing the 6th graders! LOL I was sure glad that I wasn't thinking about that when they were singing! I'd have been a complete basketcase!

After my quick microwaved leftover lunch & a tangelo, I did the registrations for the Easter party at our church for all children in the church & community surrounding us. The party was so cool.... no egg hunts! Instead, every room that the kids visited was decked out in colors from different countries around the world, and the kids learned how other cultures celebrate Easter. It was great... and well attended! And the kids came out with lots and lots of goodies!

Came home, got Don, went to Meg's for dinner. She made BBQ chili, cornbread, salad & pie. It was DELICIOUS. But, I was so tired after dinner, Don & I came home and vegged out in front of a movie... "Maverick" Love that old movie! Mel Gibson??? Sheesh........

Got up early this morning, was at church by 8 for breakfast. Then taught the toddler class at 9, and attended service at 10:30. Afterwards, we went to Dyan's for Easter Dinner. I bought a honeybaked ham, and she made potato salad, deviled eggs, rolls, Meg made a green bean casserole, and good eating and fun was had by all.

Christian was adorable today.... he had on a darling sweater vest, green, with a giraffe on the front of it.... and khaki's. He is always adorable.

We're home now.... and Don's working on taxes and I"m chilling out in front of the tv, watching Extreme Home Makeover.

I love Easter. Praise the Lord that he was victorious over death, and I have assurance of eternal life with Him!!! It makes everyday life here on earth more bearable....

Happy Easter everyone~!

5 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO!!

I will update my blog in the next few days. I am hoping to have some "big news" to share with everyone AND NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a great time with all of your family and friends.

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. :o) The Easter party sounds awesome, what a great idea!

Unknown said...

Yes, Easter was nice....And I was not just crying from the thought of loosing the 6th graders...I LOVE that song and the meaning behind it and they sang it REALLY well! I am not SO shallow!! LOL

Meg said...

Ha ha ha!! Poor Dyan....I was on the verge of tears, too. It was a beautiful song, sung extremely well, with great meaning behind the words.

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww, thanks for the compliment girls, on the choir... They were wonderful, weren't they? And I'm soooo grateful that you two are a part of this ministry with me... warms my heart, it does...

XXOO