Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beauty the Huntress....

Okay, so this is going to be really gross, so be forwarned.... if you have a weak stomach, turn off the computer right now, and walk away....

So, last night, just before going to bed, I was turning off lights, and in the dining room, Beauty was eating something, and she looked up at me, and had two little feet sticking out of her mouth. And there were spots of blood on my NEWLY SHAMPOOED carpet!!! I said, "Beauty, DROP IT" And she dropped it, and Cali, hunkered down close by, quickly grabbed it up and out the door she went! I couldn't believe it.... I could only surmise that it was a poor little baby bunny...

Okay, then this morning, at dawn, I heard Beauty downstairs with this strange meow going on, the kind where you know she's caught a mouse. I ignored her.... & tried to sleep. When I finally got up, I went downstairs to let Cali outside, and in the dining room... I could NOT believe it.... LOTS more blood & other stuff... probably guts. She had caught another one! Nothing was in the house, tho...

After our big day full of church, rehearsals, sewing, set painting, Don & I went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and then came home. The curious side of me got the best of me, and I ventured into the back yard to see if there were any dead baby bunnies.... YUP, there were TWO of them! One just had it's lower legs & the other one was HEADLESS......... poor little things. Cali tried snatching it up again.... How gross is that. Don picked up those dead baby bunnies and tossed them away, so Cali & Beauty wouldn't keep eating on their poor dead carcuses (sp?) I figure Beauty must have found a bunny nest....

Dyan's take on it all is that at least they didn't grow big enough for Jory to run over with the lawn mower. He sees poofs of fur when he does.... That is just gross too....

And that's my life so far....

1 comment:

Meg said...

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!! That was absolutely disgusting...yet I ignored your warning. I had to read what my baby did....and it's AWFUL!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!! She must be feeling okay to be able to eat to baby bunnies...omgosh, yuck!!!