Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Goal.... Don't Laugh!!!

I'm SERIOUS.... I have a new goal. And I need encouragement.

Goal: To run the 5K Race for the Cure this year - in August.

The last 2 years, I walked the 1K with my family. This year... I want to run it. I mean, I want to run the 5K. Who's up for running with me???

It's like a job. Every day I need to get my arse out of bed and either walk the neighborhood or go to the gym and get on the treadmill or elliptical. Five days a week, at least. And when I start walking for several weeks, I need to start integrating running, because, ya know... I had that surgery in January that will allow me to run with out, well, ya know.... nevermind! LOL

Anyway... I need to shed 70 lbs... and I am a breast cancer survivor, and what better way to get in shape than to prepare for the 5K and run in honor of my mom, who lost the battle with breast cancer after 4 years of heroically fighting it.

So, Mom??? Nudge me on, okay??? I know you're somehow here with me, and you can encourage me to do this. Okay??? Okay. You are my guardian angel, the one who allowed my cancer to be caught so early. So, together, we can do this.

Yeah, I know.... I'm weird. I'm a dork. There, I said it! ROFL

And that's my life so far...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think that sounds like a great goal! When does it take place? Best of luck to you - sounds like lots of hard work, but so worth it!