Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sick Cat...

My cat, Beauty, the one with FIV, the equivalent of HIV, only in cats, is sick. She's peeing blood... and constantly cleaning her wahoo.... I'm taking her to the vet today... probably has a urinary tract infection. I swear, this cat has lived MORE than her given 9 lives.... She's 16 years old now.... should have died several times by now.... what a will to live this little baby has... She was left for dead by her mother when a week or so old, abandoned on a construction site in San Fran. We took her in, nursed her back to health.... I bottle fed her, and wiped her butt, did this every 2 hours during the first month of her life. This cat, we decided, would be Meg's, since Dyan already had a cat, and I had the dog. Makes sense.... Beauty loves Meg. Anyway.... the cat got well, then we moved to Kansas. Three days later, she ran away, started going back to California. Three months later, a farmer found her and called a shelter, where we'd left her description when she first ran away.... and sure enough, she was our cat!!! The coyotes didn't get her! She survived an October snow storm. No injuries.... just had dropped over half of her body weight. We kept her locked in the basement from then on, 'til we moved to Missouri. Since being here, she has never run away. She loves to play outside, and the neighbors cat got into a fight with her, and therefore she got FIV. What is it about living beings having fights and getting HIV??? or FIV??? Sheesh..... That was almost 4 years ago. She's been doing well, except for her hyperthyroidism, and she takes 2 pills a day for that. Now, she's bleeding pee.... poor kid. Gotta get her to the vet today. Sometimes, I just wish her heart would give out. I hate having to make a decision to put the babies down....

Yesterday was fun. Opening Day at Royal's Stadium. It will always be Royals Stadium to me, not Kauffman Stadium. Anyway, we played the Yankees.... and won!!! 5 to 2. Woo hoo! They are doing renovations on the stadium... and we have this GIANT screen scoreboard, largest in the world, they say. Hi Def too.... and it's very cool! Loved it! The only thing bad about yesterday was that it was so freakin' cold!!!! I spent $50 on a Royals blanket, and it was worth every penny! It was cloudy, misting, and windy, with a windchill in the low 30's. We were freezing! Who went? Me, Don, Timmy & Josh. Our company bought season tickets this year.... great seats too.... down behind 1st base, field level. All I need is a ball park hotdog & a diet coke and I'm a happy camper. I love to watch the games.... Fun was had by all.....

After dropping the boys off at the office, Don & I went to On the Border and had some dinner.... I ate part of mine..... had 1 too many margaritas... lol. Since I hadn't eaten much that day, it sorta went right to my head. Silly me.... Then we came home and promptly fell asleep in our comfy leather chairs. Next thing I knew, it was 11:30.... ugh....

Today is choir day.... lots of work to do. Gotta get busy.

And that's my life so far....

UPDATE: Just returned from the vet. Apparently Beauty has a full blown urinary tract infection or bladder infection. This is a result of her having Feline AIDS. Poor Beauty.... So, she was given an antiobiotic shot, and 3 weeks worth of oral antibiotics. Twice a day for 3 weeks. It sucks having AIDS.

4 comments:

Julie said...

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry Beauty isn't doing well. :o( I hope she makes it through this. I can't believe she was found after three months! That's an incredible story.

Glad you had fun at the Royals game. :o) Have a great day!

Mama's Ramblings said...

Poor kitty.

When I was living at home, our cat use to pee down the air vents. I guess it felt good. :-) let's just say that cat didn't last long. I think that it was the one that Jory said Dyan poisened!?!?

HOPE SHE GETS TO FEELING BETTER!!

Unknown said...

I did NOT kill your cat Jen!! She just happened to eat my taco meat right before she kicked the bucket! Anyways Mom sorry about Beauty! Hope she gets to feeling better! Love you!

Meg said...

LOL Jenny...peeing down the air vents...totally GROSS!!! But it made me laugh out loud!

And I hope my poor baby gets to feeling better :-(