Monday, February 18, 2008

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home...

There's no place like home.... definitely.

We had a great time in Cabo, but are so glad to be home, sitting in my big leather chair, with a roaring fire.... and blogging! What a fiasco it was getting here the last 24 hours...

We left Playa Grande Sunday morning.... got to Los Cabos International Airport.... checked in, after waiting in line for over an HOUR.... and then were told that she could get us to Dallas, but that was it.... Kansas City International was closed! I thought, surely by the time we got to Dallas, KCI would be reopened. Well, not so with American Airlines. Note to self: NEVER FLY ON AMERICAN AIRLINES.... We had a totally bad experience with them both ways... very inefficient airline.

Anyway... we did have fun in Cabo.... albeit this year was not a relaxing vacation for Don & me. We have been under so much stress lately, that we really wanted to be able to find relaxing times, but it wasn't so this year. Our good friends from LA & my sister were there.... along with Meg & Drew. It felt like Don & I had to make all the decisions about what to do, where to go, when to go, when to meet for dinner, etc. etc. etc. Which was fine, really, because Tim, Dianne & Chris had never been to a resort like that, or to Cabo, and didn't really know what to expect or what to do. But, like I said, no relaxing vacation for us. I did enjoy alot of time poolside, though... But next year, I need to be sure to do pre-tanning, as I got burnt.... which was pretty painful. My lower lip swelled up like Angelina Jolie's... nice to look at but really painful. By the 3rd or 4th day, blisters developed... and then by the 6th day, double shots of tequila with salt & followed by a big bite of lime was very painful.... very painful. However, at $14 a shot, it was the smoothest tequila I'd ever tasted!

I'm really glad that we got to spend time with Tim & Dianne.... Don & Tim are like brothers to each other, and Dianne is my soul sister.... a very dear friend, whom I miss greatly! And I'm really glad that my sister was able to go with us this year. She's lived a very hard life, and this vacation, I thought, would be good for her. It was very scary for her... completely out of her comfort zone.... but I hope that she had fun. Not sure that she did...

Cabo was beautiful this year.... every day was cloudless & sunny.... and very warm. The sun was really hot this year... it was nearly perfect! We did alot of walking... and alot of lying by the pool. Did not do any reading this year, tho... kinda sad about that....

We are very lucky to be able to go there every year, and I know it.... we are very blessed.... and I do not take that for granted. Don bought this timeshare as a way of insuring that we'd take a vacation every year.... and we both love it down there. Don works very hard, and has made a good living for our family... and I am truly blessed. We have a good life.... in spite of the roadblocks that have come our way.... we keep on trudging thru.... and keep on feeling blessings from up above for our perseverance thru these trials....

And that's my life so far...

No comments: