Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Superbowl Party... or lack of...

Okay...so we were supposed to go to a Superbowl party and actually socialize with some adults, of near & around our same age. But... Don has this horrible hacking cough... and so, now we're gonna just have our own little Superbowl party at home.... But it's alright. Now I can watch all those commercials without anyone trying to talk to me.... and now I can watch the game, without anyone trying to TALK to me... and now the 7 layer bean dip & tortilla chips will be split by only Don & me... LOL And I'm now assured of sitting in a very comfy chair... my nice leather chair & ottoman, with my own blanket... LOL Perhaps I'll turn on the fire. It's pretty chilly here.

My kids sang in church today. They were MAHhh velous.... simply mahvelous.... (Billy Crystal, for you who were born in the 80's...) We sang an African-American Spiritual~ This Little Light of Mine. They let it shine! They were very good, and the descant part really shone. I'm sure gonna miss my 6th graders when they graduate from the program....

Last night was fun.... we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and helped Don's mom buy a new TV... then the family met up at Corona Cantina for dinner... We had 9 adults and 1 baby... lol. Fun was had by all. And, I tried something new... Mojita? I loved them... (there I go drinking again)... in fact, I had two. Yum.... And Don & I split a plate of beer batter dipped tilapia... it was sooooooo delicious!

I'm afraid that I'll be having football withdrawal... I always do the weekend after the superbowl.... it doesn't matter who's playing, I love to watch football.

This time next week, I'll be in Cabo! Woo hoo!!! We'll be at the airport, going thru customs... what a pain that is.... but once we get outside the airport and catch our transportation service, it's off to Cabo, and Playa Grande... and a week of fun! I'm so excited to be taking my sister along this year! I don't think she's ever had a vacation like this before.... but at any rate, she WILL learn how to drink tequila! LOL

And that's my life so far...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I know perfectly well who Billy Crystal is thankyouverymuch. :oP Glad you enjoyed the mojitas, and I hope you're enjoying the Super Bowl. There is something to be said for the comfort of one's own home, eh?