Monday, February 4, 2008

The Kind Cop

A funny story:

Today, on my way home from piano lessons, I was driving down 350 highway, going towards Knobtown. I know that there are always cops trying to catch speed demons like myself on that stretch of highway, but heck, I just finished a good piano lesson and was listening to Sean Hannity on the radio, trying to figure out who I'm gonna vote for in the primary tomorrow.

So, anyway... without paying attention, until it was too late, I saw the lights flashing ahead of me... I thought he was pulling over the car in front of me, but no, he waved them on, and pointed to me, and wanted me to pull over. So, the law abiding citizen that I am, I complied. I rolled down my window and handed the cop my license, and said, "Well, ya caught me!" :-) I was kinda laughing... (but really nervous inside) I guess being investigated by the FBI makes one feel that way around cops. Anyway, he said that I had a really great attitude, and that I was going 59 in a 45. I said, "Well, honest to goodness, I just left my piano lesson and was not even thinking about my speed, since I was listening to Sean Hannity on the radio, trying to figure out who I'm gonna vote for tomorrow." He just laughed, and said, "I need to see your proof of insurance". Well, after fumbling around in my jeep handbook, I finally found it, but, it had expired on the 30th of January. He said it was no big deal... Then Dyan calls, and i'm talking to the cop, and she asked if i was okay, and I said yes, that this kind officer had pulled me over for speeding! LOL She laughed her little cute head off...... I told her I'd call her back.

Then the weirdest thing happened. The cop came to me and said, "Now, what kind of ticket would you like?" I'm thinking, WHAT??? So, I said, "Well, I'd really prefer to have a warning." He laughed and said he couldn't do that.... So I said, "I'll take the cheapest ticket you can give me." and laughed.... So, then he said, "Well, how about a $10 seatbelt infraction??? I"m like YEAH!!!!!!! And I totally promised him that I'd never, ever speed again! ROFL. Then I told him that my daughter's brother in law was a cop for Kansas City.... and I gave him his name, and he didn't know him... but I told him that I'd put in a good word for him with this kid. LOL

What a day.........

Today in Kansas City... 79 degrees. Tomorrow, 3 - 6 inches of snow! Go figure.

And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

Who the heck is Sean Hannity?!? Anyway, Jeremy is going to crack up when I show him this post. EVERYONE who gets pulled over now ALWAYS gives his name to the cop. I bet cops around Kansas City think that his family and friend's are out of control.

GREAT POST!!

Julie said...

LOL too funny! Glad you found a cop with a sense of humor!