Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Life in Cabo

We're here in lovely, SUNNY, WARM Cabo san Lucas, Mexico! It was a pain getting here tho.... We didn't have any jproblems leaving Kansas City... in fact, we upgraded to 1st class for the ride from KCI to Dallas.... then we got there, got ready to board our next flight.... sat on the tarmak (sp?) for over an hour, "mechanical" difficulties.... they finally decided to deboard the plane, and try to find us another flight.... he said the next possibility would be a 7:50 PM flight... arriving in Los Cabos at 10:50.... and we wouldn't get to our resort until after midnight.... NOT AN OPTION as far as I was concerned! We were originally supposed to arrive in Cabo at 1:05 PM.... Long story short, we were delayed 4 hours. They got another plane out of the hangar, and we FINALLY were in the air! We landed at 5 PM, Cabo time.

Cool thing was.... our friends, Tim & Dianne from So.Cal, had arrived at the same time as we did, and we met up with them in line for customs! We couldn't believe it.... Made it thru customs, got our bags, made it thru bag check, and ran the gauntlet thru the maze of time share pimps... went straight out the door to our driver who was waiting for us with a sign... and the next cool thing was that they had our friends scheduled to ride with us! It couldn't have been any more perfect!

We ate at Panchos the first night.... and i FINALLY had my Carne Asada and tortilla soup! MMMmmmm oh my goodness.... twas wonderful! We didn't stay out late that night, since we'd been up since 3:30 AM.... travel days are long.

We have eaten dinner at The Office on the Beach.... lovely, great ambiance... and you eat right on the beach.... tables & chairs are in the sand, and they have tiki torches all around.... really nice.

We took a water taxi yesterday at lunch time to The Office again.... rode across the marina, got dumped out in the water at Medano Beach. Go to http://www.allaboutcabo.com/ and you can see a webcam picture of the beach we were at. After lunch, Don, Tim, & Dianne went riding jetskis.... and my sister & I went to some lounge chairs. Meg & Drew went parasailing... together.... awww.... The problem with Medano beach? Vendors..... irritating vendors. They bug you every 30 seconds to buy some of their Mexican crap that they have to sell. We keep saying "no, gracias", but they keep coming back. So after about an hour of that.... we decided to hop into another water taxi and ride back across the marina, and take the hike back up to our resort. We did that.... and made a B-line for the "adult" pool & hot tub..... fun times were had by all.

Last night's dinner was at the Lighthouse, Trailer Park, aka El Faro Viejo.... it's a fun place to eat. We had our pictures taken by this guy who sells them.... touristy thing.... and of course, I had to buy them. I had the most delicious lobster tail.... Oh myyyyyyyy, I couldn't eat it all!

After dinner, I came straight home.... was pretty wiped out. Was in bed by 9:30. We are not the partying type..... lol.

Tonight, Don,Tim & Drew are stopping by the grocery store to pick up something for dinner, and we'll cook here in the condo.... and take it easy. Today was a pool day for the girls.... and I am looking rather like a lobster. In fact, last night, while trying to sleep, my lip kept bugging me, and so i got up at 2 a.m. to check it out, and it's all swollen up like Angelina Jolie's! Sheesh.... it's sunburnt and swollen. Not fun.... but kinda pretty!

Dyan sent us a picture of Christian going potty on the Big Boy potty for the first time, and he's sooooooo dang cute.... and he pooed! At 16 months...he's going potty!!!! What a big boy..... His Grandma sure misses him!

Tomorrow, Valentine's Day.... We have reservations at Soloman's Landing for dinner. The rest of the day will consist of me & Meg shopping, Meg & Drew going to Lover's Beach in the morning.... Don & Drew deep sea fishing in the afternoon, and more pool time for me - obviously. I love laying by the pool. Oh, today? My sister, Dianne & I played "Beached Whales" in the pool, and surfaced on this wide, shallow ledge in the pool.... it was quite funny....

We shall have to visit Panchos at least one more time.... maybe 2. Love that place. They have the best tortilla soup.

And that's my life so far...

3 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

I am already jealous and then you have to create this post...I checked the video size, I didn't see Don's white butt anywhere so I guess you guys haven't drank too much there. :-) Hope you are having a great time. Have a margarita for me!!

Unknown said...

So you had time to blog, but had hardly any time to email me??? I get it, I feel the love!!!

Unknown said...

Hey.... I emailed you every day!!! What more do you want? LOL

I did miss you...