Sunday, February 24, 2008

Exhaustion

Exhaustion.... being at church for 11 hours. The kids sang this morning,"Do You Know Your Shepherd's Voice?" and they were wonderful and blessed many.

We had auditions for our spring musical cast this afternoon... 1 - 5:30... Then we had to pow wow and figure out who to place into what role... it's always very difficult, because we have some very talented kids... and I always get such a headache, because I know that some kids are going to feel such disppointment... I hate that, but I suppose it's a part of life... learning how to deal with disappointment. But on the flip side, there will be some kids who are very thrilled. Guess it balances out...

Anyway, I'm completely wiped out now... got my feet up, Don is making me dinner & feeding the "babies", and I'm settled in to watch the Oscars... I can't help myself... I love the movies and seeing all the beautiful people... wish I was one of them. Ohhhhhhh, Helen Mirren looks really old on TV's red carpet show.... very wrinkled... so I don't feel so bad right now. I don't really have any wrinkles yet... and I take very good care of my skin. But I would like to have an eyelift... and my neck lifted.... deep sigh.... someday.

And that's my life so far...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah....I feel that same way! I hate that kids feel disapoinment! I have felt that way from auditions! I know how they feel...oh and by the way Hayden says THANKS for the part!!!
Love ya
D

Unknown said...

Hayden saw you? I hope she's not disappointed...

See ya latahhh...