Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's a Diet Coke kindofa day....

Yup, it's a Diet Coke kindofa day.... Went to Bible Study this morning, which was good. I was reminded of alot of things spiritually, that I'd forgotten about. It is important to not live a superficial life, but to be authentic with people. It feels good to bear the big burdens with others... For instance, when I'm up in front of our entire congregation directing the children's choir, I confessed that I feel so inadequate. In fact, I feel inadequate in most things I do... I wonder to myself, "What am I doing thinking that I can make a difference in the lives of these children? What am I thinking that I can teach them about the Lord?" I know, I know... but that's how I feel alot of the time. I try to exude confidence.... but deep inside, I don't feel it always.

Washed my Jeep today.... FINALLY.... I hate my car being dirty. Like it clean. Went to the bank, deposited checks from last week.... came home, had lunch, watched my soap... (no idea what is happening), and straightened up a little in the kitchen. Now I really need to get upstairs and start unpacking. The cleaning ladies are coming on Thursday, and they're gonna concentrate on my bedroom, among other rooms. So, I'd better have stuff put away. I need a Diet Coke for that.

I need to get on the computer upstairs and start working on KCC paperwork.... rehearsal is tomorrow... and auditions are on Sunday. Lots to do to prepare for that. And we're singing on Sunday morning... "Do You Know Your Shepherd's Voice?"

Do you know your shepherd's voice? Are you listening with your heart?
Have you stopped to hear him calling? Felt the peace His words impart?
As the world shouts it's orders that are easiest to hear, won't you draw away and listen, to your Shepherd standing near?

Do you know your shepherd's voice? Are you listening with your heart? Have you stopped to hear him calling, felt the peace His words impart? Are you listening?

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside quiet waters, and He restores my soul.

Do you know your Shepherd's voice? Are you listening with your heart? Have you stopped to hear him calling, felt the peace his words impart? are you listening, to your Shepherd?
Are you listening, to your Shepherd?
Are you listening, to your Shepherd?
Are you listening?
Do you know your Shepherd's voice?

THis is one of my alltime favorite children's anthems.... and my choir sings it angelically...

Alrighty... I need a Diet Coke.

I need to get stuff put away....and stop procrastinating. I am a procrastinator. I admit it. So what??? I'll fix that problem tomorrow.

And that's my life so far.... Now where is my Diet Coke??

No comments: